SiouxSports.com Forum

2006/2007 Women's Basketball

4siouxnow

I think the officials should go by the backboard light in all situations. As an aside, why do announcers have such a difficult time realizing there .09 seconds left on the clock when it reads 00.0? It seems they can never explain why there is a delay between 00.0 and the backboard light.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody get a chance to go to Red River last night to watch Wahlin and the Crookston team play? If you did give us a report. I wasn't able to make it there. Do the Sioux have any kind of chance to get her?

Yea I was at the game. RR hung in there right away but then Crookston just dominated. They went on some huge runs, I think Crookston ended up winning by 30 but they couldve won by about 50 or 60 if they wanted. Wahlin had a great game, she is an unreal ball handler and great passer and shooter. She is very good. I don't about our chances with here, I think if this was 5 years ago we would have a chance cause ive heard shes a Sioux fan and stuff, but I don't know if she will want to go through the transition period with no post-season. Someone from Crookston told me she took a recruiting visit to Minnesota on Sunday and was there for the game they lost to SDSU. Who knows we will have to see. She is an unreal player though, and still only a junior.

I kind of expected that an afternoon game might hinder attendance, but yesterday was actually the biggest crowd of the year with a little over 3000. I noticed a lot of groups of kids from area towns, and I suppose a Saturday afternoon game allows for more of that since there are relatively few high school basketball games on Saturdays.

I kind of expected that an afternoon game might hinder attendance, but yesterday was actually the biggest crowd of the year with a little over 3000. I noticed a lot of groups of kids from area towns, and I suppose a Saturday afternoon game allows for more of that since there are relatively few high school basketball games on Saturdays.

They were treated to a great game...great atmosphere! Congrats to CJ...she has really been playing well of late and glad to see her get her 1000th point in front of a big home crowd. They let up sometimes, but glad to see they can regroup. When they go on their runs, they are fun to watch! Keep it up ladies!

First regional poll is out:

North Central

1 North Dakota 18-1 9-1

2 Augustana (South Dakota) 15-2 13-0

3 Nebraska-Kearney 11-4 11-3

4 South Dakota 11-3 10-3

5 Minnesota State Moorhead 12-4 9-3

6 Northern State 11-4 11-3

7 Metropolitan State 14-3 9-3

8 Regis (Colorado) 10-4 9-2

9 Minnesota Duluth 11-6 10-4

10 St. Cloud State 8-7 6-7

I don't believe the first regional poll comes out until next week, but this is how I believe the teams would probably be ranked right now:

1. UND (20-1)

2. Augustana (19-2)

3. Metro St. (12-3)

4. Nebraska-Kearney (11-3)

5. South Dakota (13-3)

6. Northern St. (13-4)

7. MSU-Moorhead (12-4)

8. Regis (11-4)

Poll is out...not too bad 92,96...just glad #1 is right ??? All of the games are going to be important and I know you aren't supposed to look ahead, but providing the ladies win tomorrow, Saturdays game could have huge implications. I know there are no easy ones, even with SCSU struggling, you cannot take them for granted.Regional Rankings

1-31-07 rankings

1. North Dakota 20-1 11-1

2. Augustana (South Dakota) 15-4 13-2

3. South Dakota 12-4 11-4

4. Northern State 13-4 13-3

5. Minnesota Duluth 12-6 11-4

6. Regis (Colorado) 12-4 11-2

7. Nebraska-Kearney 12-5 12-4

8. Metropolitan State 15-4 10-4

9. Minnesota State Moorhead 12-5 9-4

10. Nebraska-Omaha 10-6 8-6