jk

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some accolades for our AJHL recruits

Brad Eidsness - Member of the South Division All-Rookie Team

Brad Eidsness - Member of the South Division All-League Team

Matt Frattin - Member of the North Division All-Rookie Team (only unanimous selection in the league)

Matt Frattin - Member of the North Division All-League Team

Matt Frattin - AJHL Rookie of the Year

More here.

• 2 weeks later...
Some accolades for our AJHL recruits

Brad Eidsness - Member of the South Division All-Rookie Team

Brad Eidsness - Member of the South Division All-League Team

Matt Frattin - Member of the North Division All-Rookie Team (only unanimous selection in the league)

Matt Frattin - Member of the North Division All-League Team

Matt Frattin - AJHL Rookie of the Year

More here.

Matt Frattin has scored 52 goals in 65 games so far this season. Although he's had a so-so playoff run in goal production, his goal scoring total this season is higher than any player from the Alberta Juniors in several years (including the likes of Mason Raymond). He's only a rookie in that league so I suspect he will be an 08 recruit. We may have something special here.

Matt Frattin has scored 52 goals in 65 games so far this season. Although he's had a so-so playoff run in goal production, his goal scoring total this season is higher than any player from the Alberta Juniors in several years (including the likes of Mason Raymond). He's only a rookie in that league so I suspect he will be an 08 recruit. We may have something special here.

Agreed on Frattin. If he is a player along the lines of Raymond, he will indeed be a special player. Sounds like a sniper.

He's a rookie but he's not particularly young, either. Question is, did he just blossom this year or why haven't we heard his name before he came to the AJHL?

If you followed AAA hockey in Alberta you would have known all about him. He used to play against Nash on a regular basis and put up very similar scoring numbers. Nash perhaps has the edge in playmaking while Frattin is a better sniper.

If you followed AAA hockey in Alberta you would have known all about him. He used to play against Nash on a regular basis and put up very similar scoring numbers. Nash perhaps has the edge in playmaking while Frattin is a better sniper.

I don't so that is good to hear.

Did I put this in the wrong thread this morning :lol:

I have followed the play of Jake somewhat the past couple yrs (online & I have someone with inside info)

Jake Marto was recently star of the game & before that second star.

http://www.lancers.com/leagues/newsletter....&page=17362

I hear his play has really stepped up (he has always played well defensively - but he is showing some of the same play making ability he had at Central)

Brett Bruneteau was the hero, scoring the game-winning goal into the upper right corner of the net at 4:21 of the overtime period. His goal was assisted by Jake Marto and Andrew Conboy.

& the Lancers have really improved on defense (Good goaltending / second half) &

Meanwhile on the penalty kill at home, the Lancers have killed off 83.5% of the opponents

Just something I read about Riley Nash...appears he's down to just Denver and North Dakota, and Cornell is a distant third option. The article is a little old, but hadn't seen it yet.

Dominos falling

The logjam of the late commits has begun to break, with Tyler Gron committing to Northern Michigan in late January, and now Jason Gregoire committing to Denver. His arrival is open, as either this Sepetember or next year. In part, this is due to his lost season, having cut and then suffered an infection on his ankle that required surgery. He's back now, and playing as if he never left. His arrival also might be impacted (my guess) with the decision of two other kids. Riley Nash seems to be down to two programs, North Dakota and Denver, with his preference for an 07 or 08 arrival also up in the air. Another late recruit is Mike Connolly from Camrose, who had focused on Wisconsin and Boston University, but now appears to have dropped Wisconsin and opened up to other programs.

That Mike Connolly is a Duluth, which appears to be a good recruit for them. Hopefully Nash will make the better decision. I think I was more scared of him going to Cornell than Denver, so now that it's down to us and Denver, I'm not as scared. Either way, we'll be seeing him in the WCHA.

please provide the link to go with that article that you copy and pasted. im skeptical of the date on it as i heard it was down to du and cornell where his bro is. link please? thanks!

I thought I read it over on the lets go du blog, but I am wouldn't take it as gospel I would imagine Hak is still working on him if he truely wants him.

Not sure how accurate the site is, but it doesn't seem to have any sort of bias...here's the link, sorry...

Click here

yeah, that article is from february 07, a bit old, i believe hes down to du and cornell, i think this is mentioned is the prospective recruits thread

Item of immediate concern:

Evan Trupp has not played in the last two Penticton games. I hope he didn't re-injure himself. Also Penticton lost their first game in the Playoffs and are now tied 1-1 with Hunter Bishop's Vernon Vipers.

Item of immediate concern:

Evan Trupp has not played in the last two Penticton games. I hope he didn't re-injure himself. Also Penticton lost their first game in the Playoffs and are now tied 1-1 with Hunter Bishop's Vernon Vipers.

Hopefully the medical condition that kept him out of the lineup is something simple like the flu.

http://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/portal...61716&more=