SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2006-07 Updates

jk

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Duncan for 1.5 years, anyone else excited to see what Trupp can do. I know that those are some high expectations. I guess the thing to remember is that Watkins, Kozek, and Duncan were all high scorers in the BCHL.

Watkins was not at the same level as Duncan and Kozek, though.

I believe all 3 were in the top 10 in scoring.

Close. Regular Season stats for 2004-05:

2nd Kozek 48-49-97

3rd Duncan 48-43-91

11th Watkins 36-38-74

In 2003-04 those points would have put those guys in:

Kozek 5th

Duncan 7th

Watkins 28th!

(Travis Zajac was 2nd this year with 112)

In 2005-06 those points would have put those guys in:

Kozek 3rd

Duncan 4th

Watkins 16th

(Darcy Zajac was 7th with 80 points this year)

In 2006-07 their P/G would project to:

Kozek/Duncan 7th-11th

Watkins 29th!

FWIW

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the success of the Green Bay team 34 in 38 isn't too shabby. I didn't notice this until a little while ago but Heisenburg has him as the #2 USHL recruit right now.

no blog anymore chuck?? enjoyed it while it was going.....

Considering the success of the Green Bay team 34 in 38 isn't too shabby. I didn't notice this until a little while ago but Heisenburg has him as the #2 USHL recruit right now.

Yeah, lately he has been updating the "rankings" but unfortunately LaPointe is about the only Sioux headed in the right direction.

Yeah, lately he has been updating the "rankings" but unfortunately LaPointe is about the only Sioux headed in the right direction.

are you disappointed with the sioux recruits that are coming in next year? i think the sioux have one of the best classes in the country. and VV and forney should pick up nicely next year(as far as current sioux go).

are you disappointed with the sioux recruits that are coming in next year? i think the sioux have one of the best classes in the country. and VV and forney should pick up nicely next year(as far as current sioux go).

Nope, just wishing Malone (appears he has), Bruneteau, Marto, and Hextall would pick it up a bit. Though I suspect the Bruneteau will be 08.

Nope, just wishing Malone (appears he has), Bruneteau, Marto, and Hextall would pick it up a bit. Though I suspect the Bruneteau will be 08.

Lapoint is the only game changer in the bunch - no dominant forward (aka parise/towes) in the bunch - without that you can't say their class is the best in the nation.

Badgers class is better.

Lapoint is the only game changer in the bunch - no dominant forward (aka parise/towes) in the bunch - without that you can't say their class is the best in the nation.

Badgers class is better.

Trupp may be that player, I suspect that Malone will just continue to improve and will NOT be a 4 year player. I think the UND 07 class as it currently stands is about 5th in the country. Which is good enough to win championships given UND's history of developing talent.

Badgers class is better.

getting a parise or toews each year is rediculous. on paper uw has a better class, but that may change when they get on the ice (probably not much though). plus turris probably would be a 2 year player at the most. and nobody said that unds class was "the best in the nation." i said that it is among the best in the nation. hopefully UND will land nash and help the cause.

Turris has 50+ goals and over 100 points - both Turris and McDonagh are rated in the top 15 in the latest CSS rankings - that's tough to beat.

The success of the of the 07 class will largely depend on if the 06 class develops - they have a long way to go.

Is there speculation that these two are looking at UND? Heisenberg has them listed as NCAA prospects. I am assuming he is basing this on something coming out of their camps. I would love to have either one as it would defintely elevate the class but I am hesitant as there is always the possibility (especially with Turris) that they go another route (Can. Jrs).

Is there speculation that these two are looking at UND? Heisenberg has them listed as NCAA prospects. I am assuming he is basing this on something coming out of their camps. I would love to have either one as it would defintely elevate the class but I am hesitant as there is always the possibility (especially with Turris) that they go another route (Can. Jrs).

My bad. Just relaized the error in this question.

Trupp is a goal scorer but isn't viewed as a game changer.... you know? THat seems familiar to me... where have I heard that before?

Oh yeah..

Ryan Duncan. I don't think I need to say more.

Duncan was the 3rd leading scorer in the BCHL and had 21 points in 11 playoff games in 04-05. Trupp's numbers aren't close to these.