SiouxSports.com Forum

News on Toews

PCM

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were all there yesterday and once again Skille's line dominated with Bolland. Today it is over.

http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/index.asp

Do you know if the 48 hour rule applies (as written in the chicago newpaper article) to unsigned players? Toews, as well as 4 others in camp, was leaving anyway and won't be there for the last two days, as the WJC team is being honored in Toronto, I believe.

Do you know if the 48 hour rule applies (as written in the chicago newpaper article) to unsigned players? Toews, as well as 4 others in camp, was leaving anyway and won't be there for the last two days, as the WJC team is being honored in Toronto, I believe.

Toews is listed as one of the signers at the big event at the Hall of Fame, so regardless of what Chicago decided I would bet that he is in Toronto. In fact the Hawks website states that the scrimmages will continue today and tomorrow without him. I see he also scored another impressive goal in his teams 8-4 loss.

http://www.hhof.com/html/newsCanadaDay.shtml

thats probably the most promising article yet

yeah i am definitely breathing a big sigh of relief. i hope they do take skille and dont take toews.....let the badgers suffer another loss, not us please. :D and, please, dont let ottawa take lee, as i ahve heard a rumor starting on here about that...

yeah i am definitely breathing a big sigh of relief. i hope they do take skille and dont take toews.....let the badgers suffer another loss, not us please. :D and, please, dont let ottawa take lee, as i ahve heard a rumor starting on here about that...

Sens don't need Lee anymore as they picked up two D-men in the Havlat trade, Preissing and Barinka.

Sens don't need Lee anymore as they picked up two D-men in the Havlat trade, Preissing and Barinka.

Great article and thanks for sharing it. I think that is great news for the Sioux. I think if they can keep Towes that they should be able to compete again next year. Did anyone else notice that the St. Louis Blues President basically said that the Goofs will be in St. Louis to play for a national title. That struck me as odd for him to say.

They just drafted a Gopher player No. 1 and probably just wanted to say something nice in a press release and/or newspaper article about Johnson to give St. Louis fans something to look forward to.

Didn't they also say that UND and Maine would be there as well? I believe Ben Bishop (Maine goalie) is a Blues prospect as well...

Did anyone else notice that the St. Louis Blues President basically said that the Goofs will be in St. Louis to play for a national title. That struck me as odd for him to say.

Insert smug comment here about watching the Gophers play for one but seeing STL 2005 #1 pick TJ Oshie win it. :D

Insert smug comment here about watching the Gophers play for one but seeing STL 2005 #1 pick TJ Oshie win it. :D

Good Point. That would be fun a Goofs-Sioux Title game. That would be a great game. But Holy Cross will beat them out again. Go Crusaders!!!

Finally my 100th post.

The Chicago GM was on Power Play on XM radio. The interviewer mentioned that Toews was the best pick for leadership. The GM then said that Toews is the kind of guy you want to marry your daughter. He then offerred up his own two girls!

Nothing said on signing him. Just that they have a lot of youth and that they are high on many of their prospects.

The Chicago GM was on Power Play on XM radio. The interviewer mentioned that Toews was the best pick for leadership. The GM then said that Toews is the kind of guy you want to marry your daughter. He then offerred up his own two girls!

Nothing said on signing him. Just that they have a lot of youth and that they are high on many of their prospects.

i sure hope the moves that the blackhawks pulled off today only helps the possibility of toews staying, i think we will know very soon either way..lets hope at least

i sure hope the moves that the blackhawks pulled off today only helps the possibility of toews staying, i think we will know very soon either way..lets hope at least

I hope so too, Havlat and Smolinski are two nice pickups...I sure hope we can keep JT

I don't mean to be snide towards UW, but if Chicago were smart, they'd sign Skille and let Toews come back to UND. Then, the second UND is out of the running after next season, sign Toews.

Let's face it, what us Sioux fans are hoping for is one more year. Forget about it being any longer.

I think Skille, though not as offensive minded as Toews, is more NHL ready at this point.

Then, the second UND is out of the running after next season, sign Toews.

You mean after the championship? :D

I agree with you on Skille being more NHL ready. You have to give it to the blackhawks in making some moves to help their team for the future. They have had good trades and drafts. Now if they could only ditch the biggest idiot owner in all of pro sports.

You mean after the championship? :D

I agree with you on Skille being more NHL ready. You have to give it to the blackhawks in making some moves to help their team for the future. They have had good trades and drafts. Now if they could only ditch the biggest idiot owner in all of pro sports.

I mean wherever the Sioux may land after next season, championship or (hopefuly not) otherwise.

Uh, when did the Blackhawks get bought by the owner of the Bruins? :lol: