SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

I don't think it has been mentioned, but UMD's All-American Lindey Dietz is out with a knee injury suffered a week ago according to the Duluth Tribune.

If Dietz is, in fact, out for the year, I have a lot of doubts as to whether UMD will even be a tournament team. That would be a shame for such a great player to have her career end with an injury.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dietz is, in fact, out for the year, I have a lot of doubts as to whether UMD will even be a tournament team. That would be a shame for such a great player to have her career end with an injury.

Fully agree - she is extremely talented. I hope she is able to come back!

UND still number 2. link. Interesting that SCSU stays number 4.

I guess I can see why SCSU would not change much...#4 should lose to #2, at least on paper, and they played well...almost won. I think it's more surprising that UMD only fell one, with a loss to USD and especially if the unfortunate injury to Dietz will leave her out indefinitely.

New regional rankings:

1. North Dakota 19-0 15-0

2. St. Cloud State 12-1 11-1

3. Minnesota Duluth 12-4 9-2

4. Wayne State (Nebraska) 12-2 12-2

5. Northern State 9-3 9-3

6. Concordia-St. Paul 10-6 9-6

7. Metropolitan State 11-4 11-2

8. Regis (Colorado) 14-3 10-2

9. Augustana (South Dakota) 10-5 8-5

10. South Dakota 8-6 7 -5

I am somewhat puzzled by the attendance at the basketball games. The UNO game drew ~800 less than last year, and Auggie drew around 1,100 less than last year. While the men's team is down, this women's team is something special. Attendance should be up, not down, across the board. Does playing in the Betty hurt? I think the atmostphere is much better in the Sioux Center rather than REA and thought it would have helped attendance. I understand that the non-conference schedule was not as strong as last year's, but there should be a better turnout for the conference games than what they've gottten.

I'm rather annoyed that the 0615 and 0715 KFGO sports reports this morning made no mention of "23-0". Come on. No mention? (Glas got quick mention for W number 333.)

And Fox News at 9 is no better. "23-0" got mention in a breathless gasp not even at the end of the sports but at the end of the broadcast just before cutting to an "Everyone Loves Raymond" re-run last night.

KFGO does Sioux football and hockey so they should know Sioux fans listen and KVRR (Fox) tries to sell themselves as covering the whole Red River Valley.

I say let 'em know you're disappointed.

studio@kfgo.com

(KVRR.com is down so I don't have an email address for you.)

I'm rather annoyed that the 0615 and 0715 KFGO sports reports this morning made no mention of "23-0". Come on. No mention? (Glas got quick mention for W number 333.)

And Fox News at 9 is no better. "23-0" got mention in a breathless gasp not even at the end of the sports but at the end of the broadcast just before cutting to an "Everyone Loves Raymond" re-run last night.

KFGO does Sioux football and hockey so they should know Sioux fans listen and KVRR (Fox) tries to sell themselves as covering the whole Red River Valley.

I say let 'em know you're disappointed.

studio@kfgo.com

(KVRR.com is down so I don't have an email address for you.)

Should get use to it now that the major stations that cover UND sports are based out of Fargo.

I am somewhat puzzled by the attendance at the basketball games. The UNO game drew ~800 less than last year, and Auggie drew around 1,100 less than last year. While the men's team is down, this women's team is something special. Attendance should be up, not down, across the board. Does playing in the Betty hurt? I think the atmostphere is much better in the Sioux Center rather than REA and thought it would have helped attendance. I understand that the non-conference schedule was not as strong as last year's, but there should be a better turnout for the conference games than what they've gottten.

It's kind of an apples to oranges comparison using last year's numbers. I believe the suites artificially inflate the basketball attendance figures at the Ralph, since my understanding is that those people are counted whether they show up or not--and most don't. On the other hand, I do not believe that the Betty counting is necessarily 100% accurate, either. As I said, if there were 2700 for the UNO game, I really think there were over 3000 last night.

Even if the stmosphere isn't as good at the Ralph it does bring more people to the game. In general games on a week night aren't going to draw as good. I think the most compelling reason might be that there is very little interest in the mens game . If it wasn't for the great womens team the attendance would be really bad. I think if you started the womens game at 8:00 and the men's game at 6:00 the attendance would be better. Would Rich ever be willing to flip flop the starting times for the sake of the athletic budget. In general the attendance is still quite good. Last night it was sad to see half the people leave by halftime of the men's game though. That is pretty sad.

It's always been that way (ND media centered in Fargo).

No mention of a 23-0 team is just plain poor journalism.

Bad wording on my part.

I should have wrote "You should get use to it now that the Bison are in a higher division."

I expect there to be less media coverage of UND sports in ND.

But yes 23-0 is definately something to write about.

It's kind of an apples to oranges comparison using last year's numbers. I believe the suites artificially inflate the basketball attendance figures at the Ralph, since my understanding is that those people are counted whether they show up or not--and most don't. On the other hand, I do not believe that the Betty counting is necessarily 100% accurate, either. As I said, if there were 2700 for the UNO game, I really think there were over 3000 last night.

Those tickets allotted to suiteholders should still be factored in to attendance at the Betty. That is if they do count number of tickets sold/allotted rather than an actual head or "turn-style" count. Suiteholders and Club Lounge Seat holders at the REA automatically receive season tickets to basketball in the Betty.