SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pueblo was 7-2 coming into this game, so to win by as big of a margin as the Sioux did was especially impressive. It should be a bigger test tomorrow playing on Metro's home floor, but I think UND is more than up for the challenge.

I have 4:00 for saturday's game is that correct.

A great start to the season, but I'll be more impressed if we tie the record for besst FINISH to a season.

I agree, but it will be tougher than in the three national championship years, since in all three we played either the regional (98 and 99), or the elite 8 (97) at home. This year, thanks to the NCAA, UND will be on the road for the regional regardless of our seed.

I agree, but it will be tougher than in the three national championship years, since in all three we played either the regional (98 and 99), or the elite 8 (97) at home. This year, thanks to the NCAA, UND will be on the road for the regional regardless of our seed.

Is this because of the Sioux thing ? That sucks! So would it then go to the second seed?

what about having it at the Alerus??...not true home court, but a lot more fans could be there which is most of the advantage. (this provided of course if/when we get to that point..don't mean to put the cart before the horse.)

Edited by new2sioux2

It is not the arena that prevents UND from hosting post season games. UND is still the host school no matter which facility is used. So until the issue is settled we are on the road in every sport.

That makes sense (if any of this can make sense). I was thinking it was a matter of covering logos, etc.

It is not the arena that prevents UND from hosting post season games. UND is still the host school no matter which facility is used. So until the issue is settled we are on the road in every sport.

In the past there was talk of the conference being the host. Is NCC hosting at Alerus possible?

That's correct. This is the primary leverage the NCAA has in attempting to coerce UND into changing the name, and they're not going to back off unless UND pulls off some kind of miracle in the last administrative appeal, or can prevail in litigation.

I like how the NCAA in an effort to stop what they perceive to be a discriminatory name, discriminate against a group of women who just want to play basketball. Who cares if they may well have earned the right to play at home. If they basically have a regional spot locked up, what is their incentive? With no incentive, except for seeding purposes, the Sioux should just rest their big guns (I know they are pretty balanced to begin with). No need to extend themselves other than to keep themselves sharp and prepare for playing on the road, while the other teams expend their energies to try to host the regional.

the ncaa has allowed UND to host and wear sioux logo uniforms,(post season play) during the appeal process, next discussion on appeal comes in april.....we are safe for this year...

go sioux!

I saw that on the WDAZ news tonight also. Great news! With the NCC completely dominating the other two regional conferences this year, it's practically a given that the NCC winner will host. I like the odds of that team being UND.