SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

???

The question that needs to be asked is when do the women lose. I feel if they don't lose before the playoffs they won't win a championship. I think they'll need to lose a game to better understand themselves. When should the best time to lose be? I think it maybe the next game. Quality opponent on the road then when you possibly meet them in the playoffs you are out for revenge?

Not me...ever heard of an undefeated season...Boese and Mallum deserve nothing better...Iowa guy ??? said it best...that's the great thing about depth...and freshmen...they don't know any better and someone always seems to pick up the slack...it is a very talented team! Go Sioux on Saturday...and until April :lol: (just to cover all the bases!)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question that needs to be asked is when do the women lose. I feel if they don't lose before the playoffs they won't win a championship. I think they'll need to lose a game to better understand themselves. When should the best time to lose be? I think it maybe the next game. Quality opponent on the road then when you possibly meet them in the playoffs you are out for revenge?

Then what do you do when the Sioux play them in Grand Forks? Do you lose to them again and lose confidence so you can have the revenge factor? Remember, except for last year, the times the Sioux have done well in the regionals is when they have had them at home. Lose to St. Cloud once and you still have a shot, lose to them twice and you'll be playing them in front of a rowdy crowd itching to see a regional in their home building.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the key is to get one or two of the SCSU players into foul trouble, and make their bench play more than what Ulferts wants them to. After Quigley, they have absolutely nothing in terms of an inside presence. Langen and Kimbrough need to take it right at Quigley. Their bench is essentially all freshmen, and none of them have been putting up big numbers. Also, their point guard (Hansen) is very hobbled by an ankle injury according to the St. Cloud paper, so how much she'll be able to play and how effective she'll be is a question mark. I just hope the Sioux bring their "A" game tonight. If so, the superior depth and inside game of UND should prevail, so long as the perimeter players can play better than they did against Mankato the other night.

This is not a Do or Die game for the Sioux Women, or St Cloud it is just a Great Match-up game because of the Undefeated feature, Very Similar to the Old days with NDSU, I look for the Women to Win Easily, Because As UND92,96 puts it we have such depth and St Cloud Does Not, Plus the Women seem really Focused at this point on their Goals...However Like Cratter Suggested, a Loss will not Kill us, Now the Re-Match Closer to Playoff Time Down the Road that will Be a BIG GAME....Good Luck Ladys...Sioux By 15

66-58.....final....great win.......10 out of last 14 on road ...buck says gutsy performance girls played hard...long road trip wants to get home....22-0...yessss!

Hey Dags? Can i get a free chili-cheese fry upgrade if I mention how this UND womens team ROCKS!!!:D!!! ?

The real key is the depth...take out the starting five and I'm not losing any confidence. Beck has (according to the team) MONKEY ARMS! Maffin is clinicallly INSANE! Kimbrough is learnng and that's EXTREMLY dangerous for the future! I'm not even going to venture into GYNNE-land or LEDGER-WORLD!! :D Really all I want is the chili-fries...MMMMMM..CHILIFRIES :D

As a SCSU fan I will way that UND is very impressive! Physical and deep. SCSU made a game out of it but UND is the better team. I knew we would have to shoot lights out to have a chance and our outside shooting was horrible.

I was also nice to see a big bunch of UND fans make the trip to Halenbeck Hall to add to the atmosphere. They were loud but very cordial in the win. It was the largest crowd that has every watched a women's game at Halenbeck. Who knows how big the crowd would have been if there was not a sold out SCSU hockey game next door.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the year.

Got back from the game about 2am. GREAT showing of sioux fans as we were very loud for most of the game. When SCSU tied the game with about 4 minutes to go the place went crazy. But the key part of the game was that the sioux scored about 10 seconds later and then built the lead to 6 and took the crowd right out of the game.l Langen played great as she forced Quigley out of the lane and made her shoot from the perimeter. You could tell after awhile that Quigley wanted nothing to do with Langen inside. I also thought Mahlum played a great floor game. Beck was a spark plug in the first half. The only down side was waiting about 45 minutes for the ticket booth to open. It got pretty congested in the entry way as all the sioux fans were pouring in trying to buy tickets. There were plenty of ex sioux players in attendence. I noticed Gully, Beherns, Bradley, Johnson, T. jones, Hoeffner, Moen, Jamie Pudentz, Boll, and Leighton. There may have been others there also. This win should excite some more fans and really pack the Betty. The only thing I worry about is where everyone is going to sit at the Betty. If they had only built that place a little bigger. I can see problems when there is a big crowd. Hect, there were problems for the Omaha game. Way to go Ladies 22-0.