SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I remembered Miller. One could argue that Miller could be countered with Czarnik, but I limited myself to three forwards because having more than that emerge as solid freshmen contributors is rare.

Don't forget Parks and St. Clair as well. I think at least one of the six will probably be held back for another year of juniors but have no idea which one that might be. I was actually thinking O'Donnell might be the one but have no inside info behind the guess other than this is his first year playing in the BCHL.

Ahh I see.very cool on the road trips.I may make Saturdays game. Always a good time.

I remembered Miller. One could argue that Miller could be countered with Czarnik, but I limited myself to three forwards because having more than that emerge as solid freshmen contributors is rare.

I'll be at the Friday game, yes. I sold my Saturday tickets to DAR. I looked for a Husky fan to sell them to first, but didn't find one in time. I'm a terrible fan. :(

Unfortunately, I'll be in Mankato watching the bullfrogs beat up the landcows in Mankato Saturday night. My UMD freinds and I rotate which school we follow for our annual roadtrip.

Kind of interesting that Nolan Zajac still hasn't verballed anywhere. He is third in the USHL for defense in scoring, and is a very good +17, and is a 92 birthdate, so he must still have a nice upside. Do you think he is waiting for an offer from a big-time school, perhaps the Sioux. You would think he would have some offers from schools like Union where his brother Kelly plays. It would be interesting to know if UND has interest behind the scenes, or what is going on with his recruitment. I would think the Sioux would still be looking for another defenseman for next year.

Kind of interesting that Nolan Zajac still hasn't verballed anywhere. He is third in the USHL for defense in scoring, and is a very good +17, and is a 92 birthdate, so he must still have a nice upside. Do you think he is waiting for an offer from a big-time school, perhaps the Sioux. You would think he would have some offers from schools like Union where his brother Kelly plays. It would be interesting to know if UND has interest behind the scenes, or what is going on with his recruitment. I would think the Sioux would still be looking for another defenseman for next year.

Good point. I love when we see brothers playing for the Sioux. The Hoogsteens, Panzers, Genoways, Jones', Zajac, Parise, the list goes on. I'd think we have room for him in 2012, with Forbort/Simpson as a flight risk.

Simpson is not a flight risk...

In 2012, you never know. The right team drafts him and with another year of development, both him and Forbort ARE a flight risk. Not next year, but in 2 years absolutely he could leave early. Teams in the NHL are getting younger and younger, Ex. Jack Johnson, Erik Johnson.

In 2012, you never know. The right team drafts him and with another year of development, both him and Forbort ARE a flight risk. Not next year, but in 2 years absolutely he could leave early. Teams in the NHL are getting younger and younger, Ex. Jack Johnson, Erik Johnson.

I think what was meant is that Simpson is not a flight risk for this coming summer. And neither is Forbort. IMO, Forbort's here at least 2 and Simpson 3. At this time anyways, if either makes drastic developments, that could change.

I think what was meant is that Simpson is not a flight risk for this coming summer. And neither is Forbort. IMO, Forbort's here at least 2 and Simpson 3. At this time anyways, if either makes drastic developments, that could change.

Yeah they both will be here for another year at least. I never said they were a flight risk for 2011, I clearly said for 2012, but that poster clearly didn't understand my post.

I believe this story was on another site a while back, but Hudson Fasching's story is now the lead on the NHL page on ESPN.com.

Prep star's mark goes beyond hockey

Everyone talks about how we stole Parise from the Gophers backyard, can you imagine if we landed this guy? He skated on a rink in his backyard with the gopher logo! I'd give the Sioux a 5% chance of landing him. Only if he leaves and goes into the US NTDP do I give the Sioux a chance at landing him.

any cammaratta news out there? i know fasching could be a rodent but he would be a hell of a get to magnify the players already coming in

Hammy from GPL had posted that he doesn't think Cammaratta would decide anything too soon. Sounds like a heck of a player.

How about Keaton Thompson? 15 years old, that is ridiculous. Good for him.

How about Keaton Thompson? 15 years old, that is ridiculous. Good for him.

Keaton Thompson is awesome, I got to see him play the weekend before and he is an amazing talent and still just growing into his frame. I can't wait to see him develop...

Let's land this kid. Sounds like one heck of a player.

According to some at GPL, it looks good for Minnesota in his recruitment. Hopefully he takes a look at the Sioux and how he can develop here. Look at the great two-way players that the NHL loves that UND has produced in Toews, Oshie and Parise. You can't beat that advertising.

According to some at GPL, it looks good for Minnesota in his recruitment. Hopefully he takes a look at the Sioux and how he can develop here. Look at the great two-way players that the NHL loves that UND has produced in Toews, Oshie and Parise. You can't beat that advertising.

I hope he don't go to the Gophers but can't blame him if he does. Hopefully the Sioux are looking at him and hope he at least comes for tour.

Disagree, that he has the potential to put up "Paul Kariya" type numbers in college, as was said in the profile, simply because we are in an era where those numbers probably won't be possible again. Could be as good as Kariya though, without posting the same type numbers. Only time will tell.