SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

30 minutes ago, tnt said:

Schlossman reporting that Cullen Potter is decommitting from Michigan State, and most likely going to Arizona State.   Might as well give the full court press and see if he would be interested in UND.  

Dang, he's saying for THIS FALL.  That's quite a jump from U17 to NCAA.  Potter is an elite player but that's still a big jump.

46 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Dang, he's saying for THIS FALL.  That's quite a jump from U17 to NCAA.  Potter is an elite player but that's still a big jump.

I wonder who’s going to pony up the $50k fee 

56 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I wonder who’s going to pony up the $50k fee 

ASU must have some serious NIL if this is the case as I had heard when he first committed to Mich St that he was receiving one of the larger NIL deals in hockey. Not sure how accurate but heard much greater than $50K at the time.

11 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

ASU must have some serious NIL if this is the case as I had heard when he first committed to Mich St that he was receiving one of the larger NIL deals in hockey. Not sure how accurate but heard much greater than $50K at the time.

I saw rumors online that it was in the six figures. But nothing confirmed. 

43 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I was half teasing, I agree ASU would pay the departure fee.

34 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Adam Valentini signed with Chicago Steel rather than OHL… Rare for Toronto kid. I’m sure he’s on Sioux radar now. 

As much as I want UND to get him, I see him going to Michigan. 

11 hours ago, cberkas said:

As much as I want UND to get him, I see him going to Michigan. 

Toronto is 250 miles from Detroit metro and those Michigan schools. 

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Looks like ASU went + Potter - LaPinta 

Been hearing Potter isn't ready for the NCAA and should have went to the U18 and possibly USHL. 

I hope he does well at ASU but man I could see him transferring after one year at ASU.

37 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Been hearing Potter isn't ready for the NCAA and should have went to the U18 and possibly USHL. 

I hope he does well at ASU but man I could see him transferring after one year at ASU.

Probably. 

Why play USHL for free when you can make a quarter million in front of ASU puck bunnies, and just transfer back to MSU next season?

Gotta love modern day, amateur athletics …

10 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Probably. 

Why play USHL for free when you can make a quarter million in front of ASU puck bunnies, and just transfer back to MSU next season?

Gotta love modern day, amateur athletics …

I'm a teenager, lacking judgment and jacked with hormones and self interest?   Give me the moneys and the bunnies.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I doubt he was considering UND, but Will Moore (NTDP) just committed to BC. Giant get 

BC just lost "The Fresh Prince of San Jose" Will Smith to the Sharks; BC had a drop-in slot.