SiouxSports.com Forum

Griz vs UND Sept 7

Nodak78

Just now, sioux rube said:

I’m happy as hell for Bubba. Yes he deserves some flack over the years but this is sweet for him 

The problem has never been getting big wins, it has always been capitalizing on them and keeping the fanbase engaged.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

UND's defense was actually pretty good outside of giving up the big plays in the first half. 37 yard TD pass, 63 yard TD run, and 18 yard TD run. Outside of that Montana didn't do a whole lot. Finished the game 4-13 on 3rd down conversions.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So if we keep our defense off the field we are fine.  Got it.

Defense played a good game.  Held the no. 4 team in the country to 305 total yards, most of which came in the first quarter.  Good in-game adjustments.

• Upvote 2

Just now, MoSiouxFan said:

Defense played a good game.  Held the no. 4 team in the country to 305 total yards, most of which came in the first quarter.  Good in-game adjustments.

How many plays did the Grizz have the 2nd half? 

I think the OC figured it out that we have to keep it simple and boring and that is what we did from the get go in the second half. Will it work all season, not sure. But have to stick with it. Need to find the passing plays Romfo can make and mix them in at the right time. 

• Upvote 2

I just got out of the theater (Aliens Romulous) and pulled up the box score. Holy cow! Would someone mind providing a quick synopsis of what the heck happened in the first quarter and what happened to Montana’s offense/UND’s defense after that? Very pleased to see the outcome!