SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

As I posted with my prediction part, hopefully we see improvement to next week.

I do think this will be our offense, where we do short yardage passes against better teams. If your defense is not good, you control the clock and limit other teams posessions. This seems to be the philosophy again this year. 

Trey maybe isn't quite as good of a runner as Romfo,  but has to be a better passer? This was my fear,  decision to name Romfo starter may have been a huge mistake since Feeney left. Long ways to go in thr season, but Romfo doesn't look like he's gonna lead a team down the field on a drive with his arm if needed. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

As I posted with my prediction part, hopefully we see improvement to next week.

I do think this will be our offense, where we do short yardage passes against better teams. If your defense is not good, you control the clock and limit other teams posessions. This seems to be the philosophy again this year. 

I predict a 4-8 season. 

Just now, Wilbur said:

Using timeouts so we can get it back and play field position.  I like it Bubba.  Punt em back inside their 30.....

Did we take the timeout?  If so, typical Bubba — won’t take a timeout to try a Hail Mary to keep in the game, but call one to try and make his moral victory look a little closer.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Trey maybe isn't quite as good of a runner as Romfo,  but has to be a better passer? This was my fear,  decision to name Romfo starter may have been a huge mistake since Feeney left. Long ways to go in thr season, but Romfo doesn't look like he's gonna lead a team down the field on a drive with his arm if needed. 

I do trust the coaches who actually evaluate the quarterbacks in person. This idea that Feeney and Kaminiski were going to be really good was pure speculation and hope; no substance to any of it. 

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

That TOP could lead to W's at the FCS level.

I agree! I think it will for a few games, particularly those with lesser lines than Iowa State, of which there are plenty on UND’s schedule.