SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO and UND Frozen Face-off Semis

cowboys5xsbs

54 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I had a ski trip the last weekend against Omaha and couldn't watch much last night, but I'm rooting for them to emerge from Sioux Falls, especially if the Gophers get them in the first round. Good for Gabinet and their program finding the success they've had in the second half. 

I agree. UNO has earned their way into the tournament. The run they’ve had this second half of the season is truly impressive. I think Schloss said at one point, they were 24th in the Pairwise a few months back and here they sit at what, 11th? I’m definitely buying into what Gabinet is doing and I’ve been one of his biggest critics the past handful of years. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Where's @Goon or Schloss to dig deep into this? 

Your guess is as good as mine. He missed the first two days of practice this week. “His situation,” Berry said.

19 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

As frustrating as this was maybe you are on to something.   Let's try some different things but don't put ourselves in a position that hurts us next week.  If we win fantastic if not it won't be the end of the world.

New here? jk

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Goon said:

Your guess is as good as mine. He missed the first two days of practice this week. “His situation,” Berry said.

Wasn’t there a guy on that Jersey Shore show called The Situation?:D

• Upvote 1

Seems like this team and several recent seasons have this lack of fire in them..  Can Cary Eades guest coach for the next few weeks?

As someone noted, seems like top lines sat more than usual...  gaber giving a new pp assignment...  back up goalie...   is B-Rad playing the long game and this is his maniacal plan for the national tournament??

I miss Cary Eades, and I think this program does too.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, dden3 said:

Why take his one dimension away from him on the power play. 

2 hours ago, nd jg said:

Except we prefer to skate the puck around the zone on the outside.  Easy to defend, Defense just needs to shadow till the next player takes over.  We don't move the puck fast enough to matter, we always hold onto it.

Puck needs to move high to low. Yes puck speed is crucial. Good teams lay out to stop the one timers from outside. UND focuses too much on getting the puck to someone, instead of making quick passes to look for an opening. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

ludvig is battling a little lingering injury...if last night was ncaa's he was playing.

he'll should be fine for regionals

no goalie controversy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ludvig is battling a little lingering injury...if last night was ncaa's he was playing.

he'll should be fine for regionals

no goalie controversy

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Und246 said:

Someone who was there yesterday said the attendance was surprisingly small. Is that true?  What was the attendance?

Guessing attendance tonight will be pretty poor as well.

30 minutes ago, Und246 said:

Someone who was there yesterday said the attendance was surprisingly small. Is that true?  What was the attendance?

The CHN box score said attendance was 8,977.  I was there for the afternoon game and no way was it almost half full.  I'm guessing maybe 2500.

33 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

seems like yesterday that big10 talent sucked and WE were making fun of a 90% empty joe louis arena......

where's fenton?

Long gone, right?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

seems like yesterday that big10 talent sucked and WE were making fun of a 90% empty joe louis arena......

where's fenton?

I mean you are always going to get a good turn out in Michigan when it’s Michigan and Michigan St. That’s a gimme. 

7 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I mean you are always going to get a good turn out in Michigan when it’s Michigan and Michigan St. That’s a gimme. 

granted yes...but if minny won and it was msu v minny.......still a 100% sellout more than likely

6 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

He has been recognized by the NCHC for his defensive play, but I don’t disagree with you. He’s a Sioux fan, home grown, was needed for this team to be successful. Berg wasn’t pushed out though. I just don’t see that.

Never said ‘pushed out’, just maybe not the best season exit interview/review. Maybe he took the advice in a new venue, maybe the makeup of our boys helped that. I just remember him as a center ice hanger, not a back checker. Never said he wasn’t talented.

10 hours ago, siouxweet said:

They look disinterested in these settings.  Frozen Faceoff, destination games and regionals.

Too much pressure from the fanbase on Facebook, Twitter, and SS……. People on those sites just don’t understand!

10 hours ago, .357 said:

You may be right, but if the D was subpar to begin with the weaknesses should have manifested earlier than January, you'd think. They were hanging with BU, MN & WI 5 months ago, now they can't even hang their own clothes. Which leads me to think that they may lack the overall talent or character required to elevate their game when the playoffs approach & all teams are bringing their A game. Throw in most of the forwards who look like they're attending a funeral & this is the result.

Like someone mentioned earlier, Persson will probably have to stand on his head & steal the first game of the regionals; & if the guys can somehow squeeze out a W that first day, I think it would jumpstart their confidence in a major way. In the meantime, I feel it's incumbent on the coaching staff to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with the team & the individual players (who are slacking off) to discern what the actual problem is. Have some self-respect, guys.

That's so not Berry's thing - even though we hear culture, culture, culture.  Is is our culture to play like this at the end of every season?

19 hours ago, .357 said:

You may be right, but if the D was subpar to begin with the weaknesses should have manifested earlier than January, you'd think. They were hanging with BU, MN & WI 5 months ago, now they can't even hang their own clothes. Which leads me to think that they may lack the overall talent or character required to elevate their game when the playoffs approach & all teams are bringing their A game. Throw in most of the forwards who look like they're attending a funeral & this is the result.

Like someone mentioned earlier, Persson will probably have to stand on his head & steal the first game of the regionals; & if the guys can somehow squeeze out a W that first day, I think it would jumpstart their confidence in a major way. In the meantime, I feel it's incumbent on the coaching staff to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with the team & the individual players (who are slacking off) to discern what the actual problem is. Have some self-respect, guys.

This problem goes back even further than this year. Look at last year. We were supposed to have a strong d-corps and they somehow all regressed to the point where they were awful.

i also look at a guy like Gaber. Nobody could work with him on finding open ice and working on the slowest release in college hockey? No wonder he isn’t scoring goals lately. It takes him 5 seconds and a ton of open ice to get a shot off. 

On 3/22/2024 at 8:54 PM, BusinessSiouxt said:

They didn’t out talent us. They out worked us. Say what you want, but they have 4 balanced lines who deliver effort on every shift. If they avoid mistakes, that is hard to keep at bay.

I’m sorry but Omaha isn’t that good. They work fairly hard but that’s it. They got dumped by DU and MN will dump them too next Thursday/Friday. It was another embarrassing effort by UND.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1