SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Early Departures and Transfer Portal

brianvf

Ouch if the news is true about Blake. 
Not entirely unexpected but I 100% agree that he could use another year just to physically mature. Just look at that last game against Michigan how many times he got knocked on his butt or off the puck. That was against college players, not AHL/NHL. He has the skills though for sure. 
If he does sign, then a portal duo of Wilkie and Wood would be awesome…plus monster years from James & Perron. 

You’d think Jason would be in his ear for one more year at UND. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

If Blake plays at UND next season he would become a free agent Aug 2025 

The word you're looking for is: leverage. 

He should tell CAR "rookie max, everything" or nothing. 

CAR going $916k per for Morrow and SJS giving Graf $950k per tells me CAR's reputation as "frugal" (the nice word) may be accurate. 

1 minute ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

If Blake plays at UND next season he would become a free agent Aug 2025 

If he signs with Carolina and doesn't make the team he could end up playing for 1 or a combination of these places next season.

Colorado, springfield, Chicago, Wilkes-Barre or Norfolk. Carolina does not have an AHL or ECHL affiliate.

Just now, petey23 said:

If he signs with Carolina and doesn't make the team he could end up playing for 1 or a combination of these places next season.

Colorado, springfield, Chicago, Wilkes-Barre or Norfolk. Carolina does not have an AHL or ECHL affiliate.

They are currently working on getting a permanent AHL affiliate.

"The long-term plan is for us to have our own affiliate for the 2024-25 season," said Carolina general manager Don Waddell back in May.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

No more Charlotte? When'd that happen? 

No A or ECHL affiliate ... 'frugal' ... 

1 minute ago, RhettRingers said:

They are currently working on getting a permanent AHL affiliate.

"The long-term plan is for us to have our own affiliate for the 2024-25 season," said Carolina general manager Don Waddell back in May.

The Chicago Wolves are an unaffiliated AHL team. I now most teams like to have their AHL team nearby so they can more easily manipulate the Salary Cap and per diems.

On 4/2/2024 at 8:55 PM, fargosioux said:

Not sure how much insider info he has, but Alex Micheletti is pretty much saying Pohlkamp to Denver. Damn! He would have been a great addition to our blueline next year.

Official.....Denver

Per Schloss

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

It may be a net good thing. 

That's gone.

What's next. 

I'm looking not only at next year, but also the following. If things stayed status quo defensively, you have 1 Junior, 4 Sophomores, 3 Freshman next year. I know I'm getting ahead of myself a bit, but who would be ready to leave early after next year? I wouldn't expect anyone. Where would Laurila fit the following year? McInnis?

I still feel you need to break up the underclassman log jam. For the portal, get the highest skilled RHD with one year left (or likely to turn pro after next year). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJS said:

I'm looking not only at next year, but also the following. If things stayed status quo defensively, you have 1 Junior, 4 Sophomores, 3 Freshman next year. I know I'm getting ahead of myself a bit, but who would be ready to leave early after next year? I wouldn't expect anyone. Where would Laurila fit the following year? McInnis?

I still feel you need to break up the underclassman log jam. For the portal, get the highest skilled RHD with one year left (or likely to turn pro after next year). 

Very good point.

1 minute ago, RhettRingers said:

Need some good news today guys..

Good news doesn't happen here anymore. If Berry and company can't sell the program, then we are in big trouble now and in the future. I am tired of playing second fiddle to other programs.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, AJS said:

... but who would be ready to leave early after next year? I wouldn't expect anyone.

I could see Zmolek and Livanavage as summer 2025 risks. And maybe another (demographic: low minutes soph D, say Komzak). 

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Official.....Denver

Per Schloss

Maybe he turns out to be just average as we all know the CCHA isn't the big boys.  That's like playing on a western ND high school team and putting up monster numbers then transfer to an eastern ND school.  Won't put up the same numbers:D

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

How many more goals did Jake have than you this past season? 

It may seem like Sic is just a slug from where we sit, but who's to say he doesn't have goals like anyone else.  

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Good news doesn't happen here anymore. If Berry and company can't sell the program, then we are in big trouble now and in the future. I am tired of playing second fiddle to other programs.

Hey we win the Penrose , the NCAA’s are overrated any way 

Just now, siouxweet said:

Maybe he turns out to be just average as we all know the CCHA isn't the big boys.  That's like playing on a western ND high school team and putting up monster numbers then transfer to an eastern ND school.  Won't put up the same numbers:D

He made World Junior team over Livanavage...