SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-2025 Season

17 hours ago, ND1 said:

Heard rumors Bama and Grant Nelson are coming up here for a game in December... if true that would be wild! 

To play UND? That would be quite surprising. Could maybe see NDSU. 

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

To play UND? That would be quite surprising. Could maybe see NDSU. 

I've heard it from a few places as well. Not sure it will end up working out but it is in the realm of possibilities.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I've heard it from a few places as well. Not sure it will end up working out but it is in the realm of possibilities.

Interesting. Would think that might be something that happens at the Ralph then?

27 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

There should be no shortage of demand. Keep it at the Betty no matter what imo 

Isn't this similar to the Kansas game?

Maybe the REA sold their basketball court.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Basketball at the REA was awesome IMO. The demand should be there from Devils Lake alone! 

yep....we ain't winning this game (if we do the highlights on ESPN will show recruits a crazy 12K plus selllout) might as well move it over to the Ralph and make lower bowl tix 10 bucks and upper bowl 5....concessions: 1 dollar hot dogs....2 dollar cokes....cheap beer..free parking......have a concert in the Olympic rink afterwards......

keeping it in the Betty is not thinking outside the box imo

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yep....we ain't winning this game (if we do the highlights on ESPN will show recruits a crazy 12K plus selllout) might as well move it over to the Ralph and make lower bowl tix 10 bucks and upper bowl 5....concessions: 1 dollar hot dogs....2 dollar cokes....cheap beer..free parking......have a concert in the Olympic rink afterwards......

keeping it in the Betty is not thinking outside the box imo

Agreed!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Agreed!! 

Agree.  Ralph is a no brainer.  Total sellout.  Bigger than hockey. For this game.  I will bring 4 or 5 from Williston to the Ralph.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Really wish basketball would play more games at the REA, as was originally intended.  I thought it would happen once the Womens team left.  

image.thumb.png.5d7f92d2677893153ee2198dd94aab56.png

I didn’t realize the Ralph was intended to be the primary home for conference games. I do remember them hosting many more but I’d prefer not having a complete lack of atmosphere in the Betty when 2k people show up. Now for this game, you could make a strong argument for it being at the Ralph but I also understand why it’s not. Who knows, if there appears to be a big enough demand, maybe they’ll make the switch. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Agree.  Ralph is a no brainer.  Total sellout.  Bigger than hockey. For this game.  I will bring 4 or 5 from Williston to the Ralph.

I’m not convinced it would come close to selling out.  This isn’t Kansas, and there isn’t a Jerome Beasley or Jeff Boschee, plus I think fan attendance in all sports in general has fallen off a lot in the years since Covid.