SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Denver Friday Night

cowboys5xsbs

Just now, cowboys5xsbs said:

I will say Denver is the best team I have watched this year.  They will be at the Frozen Four unless something wild happens.  

I wouldnt overreact after 20 mins where UND was flat footed and everything went DUs way. I’m gonna guess they aren’t going to sustain a 75% shooting average all year long. They do look very good tho. 

6 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

How was that goal on him? It was 4 on 4. Gaber has been bad lately. 

Johannes is my favorite player, however if the high stick was a bonehead move, it took the 5 on 4 advantage away from North Dakota.  So my question is how will the coaching staff deal with this issue.

2 minutes ago, burd said:

Lot of hockey to be played yet, both tonight and before March.

Thats cliche’ but worth noting for this team

Yep. Remember UND got swept in Denver in 2015/16. That year ended ok for the team. 
Hopefully the team uses this first period as a wake up call. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Johannes is my favorite player, however if the high stick was a bonehead move, it took the 5 on 4 advantage away from North Dakota.  So my question is how will the coaching staff deal with this issue.

How would you suggest?

Do you want the coaches to sit every player  that makes a mistake during the game?

If so, we’d have a really short bench really quickly. 

• Upvote 2

In the same way they deal with everytime a player takes a bad penalty. Gaber is known to take bad penalties here and there. I never see him sit out a game.