SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Maybe this has already been answered? Am I going to be able to watch the games on ESPN+ this year, or am I going to have to use the Midco Sports+ App?  I see on the schedule it only says ESPN+ and not Midco Sports+.

miller and izzo Convo on twitter....interesting that Miller said that fruchte said that simon's completion % or "data" made romfo the clear starter.........the little "ummm" from izzo before the clip cuts off was the sound of all jerry's fanboys agreeing with that little midget

20 minutes ago, Kab said:

How do you listen to football 360 this year

last year I could listen from their website  

Kelly had on X it would be posted on their site later today.  Here is the Spotify Link:  

On 8/28/2024 at 7:25 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

miller and izzo Convo on twitter....interesting that Miller said that fruchte said that simon's completion % or "data" made romfo the clear starter.........the little "ummm" from izzo before the clip cuts off was the sound of all jerry's fanboys agreeing with that little midget

So you are saying that Ummm was you then eh? :D

When I first heard that....I too was a little like.....what....you are going off completion percentsge in practice. So if Romfo throws 10 screen passes in practice and jas 100 percent completions he is better...I too was like WTF. He did say something along the lines if I recall that Romfo had more explosive plays with less attempts or something like that. He also did say those were just one factor and other things are looked at. But ya when I first heard that it made me take notice too. 

We will find out tomorrow if the right  choice was made for QB as there were big implications from it. 

Not gonna lie....in my head when I think of Romfo I think of.....much better runner than Tommy, same arm strength but not as good of accuracy.....and when I think of that I'm like.....ugh. But this is only in my head as I've never really seen Romfo throw,  and is why I asked the question the other day asking how strong of an arm does he have.....but nobody replied. While Tommy didn't have a strong arm, he was very accurate on short to mid distance throws and generally made good decisions.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

So you are saying that Ummm was you then eh? :D

When I first heard that....I too was a little like.....what....you are going off completion percentsge in practice. So if Romfo throws 10 screen passes in practice and jas 100 percent completions he is better...I too was like WTF. He did say something along the lines if I recall that Romfo had more explosive plays with less attempts or something like that. He also did say those were just one factor and other things are looked at. But ya when I first heard that it made me take notice too. 

We will find out tomorrow if the right  choice was made for QB as there were big implications from it. 

Not gonna lie....in my head when I think of Romfo I think of.....much better runner than Tommy, same arm strength but not as good of accuracy.....and when I think of that I'm like.....ugh. But this is only in my head as I've never really seen Romfo throw,  and is why I asked the question the other day asking how strong of an arm does he have.....but nobody replied. While Tommy didn't have a strong arm, he was very accurate on short to mid distance throws and generally made good decisions.  

Nobody has seen him throw in a college game. Let’s let him show us what he’s got and then we can compare contrast with other guys we’ve seen. I’m hoping we see plenty of both he and Jerry in the first 4 games. I want to see what we’ve actually got.

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2024 at 6:52 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Nobody has seen him throw in a college game. Let’s let him show us what he’s got and then we can compare contrast with other guys we’ve seen. I’m hoping we see plenty of both he and Jerry in the first 4 games. I want to see what we’ve actually got.

if you have 2 qb's you don't have 1....after this throw i know what he's got.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 2.12.26 PM.png

• Upvote 2

Through 2 games UND is averaging 4 yards per pass attempt.  Worst team in the NFL last year 2023 was 5.5 yards per attempt. Tommy last year....7.7 yards per attempt. Just facts. Take it however you want.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Through 2 games UND is averaging 4 yards per pass attempt.  Worst team in the NFL last year 2023 was 5.5 yards per attempt. Tommy last year....7.7 yards per attempt. Just facts. Take it however yuu want.

I think if we knew that neither Trey nor Jerry would be the starter, we would have been wanting Tommy to stay for his last year. I don’t see a future where Romfo’s passing game reaches Tommy’s.  and while Romfo would be considered better at running, Tommy was getting a better feel for that part of the game too. 

13 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I think if we knew that neither Trey nor Jerry would be the starter, we would have been wanting Tommy to stay for his last year. I don’t see a future where Romfo’s passing game reaches Tommy’s.  and while Romfo would be considered better at running, Tommy was getting a better feel for that part of the game too. 

I would probably agree with you. In the next three games if we get decent leads, it would be nice to not wait until the last 5 minutes of the game to get Jerry some reps. For one, it would be nice to see what he can do running the regular offense. For two, if Romfo gets injured would be nice for Jerry to have some snaps under his belt.