SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

What is going through Bubbas head right now ?   

- I have built a legacy here and not leaving it ? 
- und football has no chance to survive without me ?

Come on Bubba!! Do the university, the city, the fans and the players a huge favor and get the hell out !  You have sent this program back further than Muss had. At least Muss could use the “ I took the program on a maiden voyage into D1” response.  You Bubba…on the other hand can take the “ yeah I took Muss’ recruits, sprouted some new life  into the program and sunk it to the ocean floor like titanic” response.

You claim to love this university and program.  By you staying …shows neither.  Your sunk!  So many of us faithful have turned away.   You bring nothing to the table.   Blah,boring,  predictable are some of the adjectives that can describe you.  It’s time to step aside.  What do you really have for expectations next year ?  Honestly.   You know damn sure you will not win a playoff game with very slightest odds of even making the playoffs.  So why stay and have the program fall further ?  

If the rumor is true that Joe is leaving that one hurts.  Bad !    I really liked Joe.  He was the one guy that had no UND connections and desire to win and had football competency.  He turned the OL into a fantastic unit.  

Yet Bubba remains.  Sad sad 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Come on Bubba!! Do the university, the city, the fans and the players a huge favor and get the hell out !  You have sent this program back further than Muss had. At least Muss could use the “ I took the program on a maiden voyage into D1” response.  You Bubba…on the other hand can take the “ yeah I took Muss’ recruits, sprouted some new life  into the program and sunk it to the ocean floor like titanic” response.

You claim to love this university and program.  By you staying …shows neither.  Your sunk!  So many of us faithful have turned away.   You bring nothing to the table.   Blah,boring,  predictable are some of the adjectives that can describe you.  It’s time to step aside.  What do you really have for expectations next year ?  Honestly.   You know damn sure you will not win a playoff game with very slightest odds of even making the playoffs.  So why stay and have the program fall further ?  

If the rumor is true that Joe is leaving that one hurts.  Bad !    I really liked Joe.  He was the one guy that had no UND connections and desire to win and had football competency.  He turned the OL into a fantastic unit.  

Joe is gone. Kelly is in the know. 

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I’m not happy with how things are going right now, but that’s a ridiculous statement. Do we have to remind everyone how much of a mess it was when Muss was fired? 

• Upvote 3

Position and assistant coaches move up and move on. It's what they do. The same posters who complain about the quality of our coaches are now gnashing their teeth when some of them move on. It appears UND has been hiring pretty good assistant and position coaches the past few years. There are more in the pipeline. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

35 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

I’m not happy with how things are going right now, but that’s a ridiculous statement. Do we have to remind everyone how much of a mess it was when Muss was fired? 

Of course Muss was a mess. Which part was ridiculous tho ?  He was an extremely bad coach that had to steer UND into d1 with having upgrade to get better recruits, probation period, initial D1 scheduling …etc.  complete mess with different circumstances.   Bubba has no excuse.  He turned it around initially with Muss recruits…well established in D1 at that point.  Yet he keeps getting worse as the FCS keeps getting weaker 

10 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Position and assistant coaches move up and move on. It's what they do. The same posters who complain about the quality of our coaches are now gnashing their teeth when some of them move on. It appears UND has been hiring pretty good assistant and position coaches the past few years. There are more in the pipeline. 

Up to where?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Up to where?

At this point it's hard to argue that either SU program or Montana are not a step higher than UND in on field performance or coaching salary.

12 minutes ago, NDRA said:

At this point it's hard to argue that either SU program or Montana are not a step higher than UND in on field performance or coaching salary.

No reason to leave for a FCS school unless it comes with a big salary bump. None of the coaches who left don’t have a good thing going 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Bubba’s legacy is now completely f’ed! He had a chance to bring back the program from the mussman days and now sunk it back

I don't see us going back to Mussman levels of incompetence. But I also don't think we are going to get to the next level with Bubba.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SooToo said:

How many coaches have left? Still looking for an answer.

Interesting that numerous posters here advocating to hire young up-and-coming coaches who move on after a few years for greener pastures.

Pawlak -- by all accounts a young talent -- moves on from und after 5 years and the sky is falling.

Lateral moves to conference rivals is not what we want. Young up-and-comer should be hired to the head job, not coordinator role and position coach roles where they fizzle out and leave a year or two later for a lateral role on a conference rival. If the head coach leaves to the FBS, then we would probably be happy with the success.

Current head coach isn’t getting offers to FBS for a reason … same reason why his coordinators and position coaches are leaving. 

What this comes down to is the big picture. Stop kicking the can down the road; ask Bubba Schweigert to retire and take a different position or else face termination. This won’t happen until end of 2024 though at this point. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the coaches arent all bailing bc the programs sucks......they are leaving bc other scools will pay way more for their serviices than UND .....

why can sdsu pay danny more yhan us? 

This isn’t entirely factual. UND’s counter offer was supposedly higher than SDSU’s offer. Rumor is Freund left anyway; hence, the signifiant concern that staff is leaving because the inevitable is near. Bubba has lost the program and there’s no championship future with him as head coach. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Those in the know

favorite for OL coach ?

and will they be asked where do you see yourself in 5 years ?

Per Bubba’s program standards, if you don’t say UND, you won’t get the job. But we can all hope that Bubba won’t be here (at least as head football coach) in 365 days. 

57 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Move up? These lateral moves are not moves up. If they are moves up, then that is a major indictment on how UND football is being ran. Lateral moves occur when the writing is on the wall. Lame duck program right now. I understand some of the sentiment, in that UND has desirable coaches, but the point still remains these are lateral moves and the most important coach to have be desirable is the head coach. He doesn’t appear to be very desirable. 

• Upvote 3