SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

24 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u do know that if he "lights it up" in brookings that would hurt und football.?
i hope sdac goes 0-11 next....sorry..not sorry

Hahaha I don't think UND football needs Danny's help to hurt itself any more than it already has.

He's a UND grad...he's given most of his adult life to the program...we didn't want to do whatever it took to keep him (obviously).  SDSU is a great program that seems to be damn near on a different planet than most of FCS lately.  They probably would "light it up" without him but he's getting a great opportunity to learn first hand how it's done at a first class FCS program.  If we want to get there we need to find a way...and that "way" probably shouldn't involve letting talented coaches leave for roles in the conference without giving everything we can to keep them.  I stand by what I said and hope he lights it up!

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Hahaha I don't think UND football needs Danny's help to hurt itself any more than it already has.

He's a UND grad...he's given most of his adult life to the program...we didn't want to do whatever it took to keep him (obviously).  SDSU is a great program that seems to be damn near on a different planet than most of FCS lately.  They probably would "light it up" without him but he's getting a great opportunity to learn first hand how it's done at a first class FCS program.  If we want to get there we need to find a way...and that "way" probably shouldn't involve letting talented coaches leave for roles in the conference without giving everything we can to keep them.  I stand by what I said and hope he lights it up!

please change ur name to usd08 or dannyfan08 please

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hes currently an o coordinator with fbs experience......cant have someone learning on the job like the "luke & josh" experiment muss tried

But in their defense they had a great offense those years

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Help me get excited about Jake Landry. I’m not saying he won’t be good but what’s so appealing about him? If he wasn’t a former QB here and a local guy, would we be excited?

Maybe it’s just the best of a bad situation, idk. 

Sam King.

58 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u do know that if he "lights it up" in brookings that would hurt und football.?
i hope sdac goes 0-11 next....sorry..not sorry

I hope the bunnies go 11-1 ... and UND goes 12-0; however, I'm not holding my breath. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hes currently an o coordinator with fbs experience......cant have someone learning on the job like the "luke & josh" experiment muss tried

Jake Landry cliff notes- in order, highlights in bold

3 year starter at UND, last 2 Season Captain

2 years at UMD, WR Coach

3 years at FBS NIU, 2 as QB Coach, 1 year as LB Coach

2 year OC at Wisc-Lacrosse, record setting seasons

1 year back at NIU, RB Coach (makes me think this was paid position and prior stop was more of a GA??)

3 years at Temple, QB Coach

2 year OC and QB Coach at St. Thomas

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

please change ur name to usd08 or dannyfan08 please

Hahahaha not sure you saw it on any of your bike rides over Columbia but Danny’s a great guy, was a great player for us, and his offense consistently averaged 30+ ppg under his watch.  He needs to continue to develop for the sake of his career.  I hope he does that…just like I hope all our alums do!

And it would appear he gets to coach Gronowski next year…I’d have taken the job too!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Hahahaha not sure you saw it on any of your bike rides over Columbia but Danny’s a great guy, was a great player for us, and his offense consistently averaged 30+ ppg under his watch.  He needs to continue to develop for the sake of his career.  I hope he does that…just like I hope all our alums do!

And it would appear he gets to coach Gronowski next year…I’d have taken the job too!

never said he wasnt a great guy. he made his choice....next man up

1 minute ago, Kab said:

Would be nice to know who they interviewed and who all applied or called bubba 

You have a better chance of getting nuclear codes or winning lottery numbers in advance. 

24 minutes ago, zonadub said:

image.jpeg.627d5cefa3fb79de8f2546f0f008e9c7.jpeg

Chaves and Marty as they call him (chaves whipping boy) are sitting back. Evaluations the faxes from the fax machine. They hen shave chaves had. Then call bubba

have bubba come in acknowledge chaves new hair cut the think philosophy and maybe call Frank white for some sociology then might as well call Munski as he is a ski but not from around here ski then they maybe just maybe call uncle Andy for permisssion to go to the bathroom. Then come back and make the decision 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Chaves and Marty as they call him (chaves whipping boy) are sitting back. Evaluations the faxes from the fax machine. They hen shave chaves had. Then call bubba

have bubba come in acknowledge chaves new hair cut the think philosophy and maybe call Frank white for some sociology then might as well call Munski as he is a ski but not from around here ski then they maybe just maybe call uncle Andy for permisssion to go to the bathroom. Then come back and make the decision 

Frank White and Douglas Munksi absolute legends. Just about minored in geography with how many Munski classes I took. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, gfhockey said:

You mean they won’t form a sub-committee too? Sounds like other public hires…. 

Deadline was Monday; parse, do interviews, and do quick backgrounds Tuesday; announce Wednesday. The longer it goes the less likely it's internal. 

And no sub-comm is complete without the Grafton Gangstas: Lykken and Moe. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Deadline was Monday; parse, do interviews, and do quick backgrounds Tuesday; announce Wednesday. The longer it goes the less likely it's internal. 

And no sub-comm is complete without the Grafton Gangstas: Lykken and Moe. 

What about the Oslo hog farm 

Well that is Standard Operating Procedure…..form the sub committee at a meeting. Then at the next meeting you find out people were added or removed from the sub committee, right? No explanation given. So sad when our personal integrity is mixed in with civiv integrity….just breathe in, breathe out, move on!! Pray as needed!