SiouxSports.com Forum

The Wake for Walsh Hall

SIOUXFAN97

11 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Fu?  Early 80's and a certified one-year resident of Walsh Hall.   Can prove it if I need to - fun thread - don't be a dick for no reason but we all know you need NO reason to be anything else so thanks for contributing.

what about my post is being a dick........laughed out loud about burning sage in Walsh bc i heard about students doing that and more when i went to und in the early 90's...calm down francis.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Scorin Noren!!! :D

When I was there as a freshman in 2009, they turned it into a coed dorm.  My 6'4" roommate was not appreicated of the shower heads that only went up to his chest. 

They put the W hockey team there IIRC. 

8 hours ago, 108498 said:

Someone said it is just going to become green space. Were the buildings that old that they had to knock them all down? Without any plans to rebuild?

To quote the great and wise Col. John "Hannibal" Smith, "Remember boys, no matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan... "

https://campus.und.edu/facilities-management/_files/docs/2022-master-plan-supplemental-planning/2022-sasaki-site-planning-updated.pdf 
Page 5 of 20

59 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

To quote the great and wise Col. John "Hannibal" Smith, "Remember boys, no matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan... "

https://campus.und.edu/facilities-management/_files/docs/2022-master-plan-supplemental-planning/2022-sasaki-site-planning-updated.pdf 
Page 5 of 20

You’re quoting the A Team? ;)

Doing some ancestry/archelogy work ...

Walsh Hall was first built in 1959 and contained 257 beds. Three years later, the hall was expanded to include another 164 beds.

In 1964, ... Squires Hall was officially dedicated ...

And that's why Squires and west half Walsh suites have (had? :(a different configuration than suites in the east part of Walsh. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 12:40 PM, walshhall said:

The memories from the 70's at that place! Wow

Friendships made, parties and activites, hockey players living there.

Time marches on. RIP WALSH

Had the pleasure of visiting a friend over in Walsh I believe. What was wrong with the building? It wasn't very nice but most dorms arent.

9 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

What was wrong with the building?

It was eligible to claim Social Security next year (built in 1959). 

Residence halls take far more abuse than class buildings by their very nature (constant occupancy). 

That, and today's students want bright, shiny, and new ... plus already installed VESA brackets to hang their 90" 4k LCD TV (for coursework of course). <- that too was cynical snark in case anyone missed it 

• 1 month later...

1982, I was on the third floor. 

We brought a small keg into the building. Things were going swell until we got to the third floor where my friend dropped his side of the keg resulting in a rather noisy boom. 

The RA was down the hall, and by the time he got out of his room all was good.

The best prank I heard of in Walsh history was when the guys filled a 12 gallon garbage can with red Kool Aid. They rigged it to their buddies dorm room door. When he went to pull the door open he thought someone was holding it on the other side so he yanked as hard as he could causing the entire 12 gallons of red Kool Aid to spill all over him and his room.

On 6/27/2023 at 9:40 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm sure Noren and Selke are next on that list. 

Those were my 2 places of living freshman and sophomore year. 

I have to admit, I spent a few nights in Noren Hall. :) Memories. The new dorms look pretty nice from the outside.