SiouxSports.com Forum

Talk Radio in GF - thanks JT

gfNDfan

Ding Dong probably the WORST talk radio personality in the history of Grand Forks was FIRED by KNOX - GOOD RIDDANCE!

The LITTLE SHRILL MAN is finally GONE from the GF airwaves.   He brought NOTHING to GF talk radio but hateful small minded, conspiracy based rhetoric from a constipated angry individual.   He was always negative and did no prep for his shows - mostly just a personal bitch fest spewing hate along the way.   We don't need that here.  BYE BYE LEE and FU!  No one should be that angry all the time - sad!  

Thanks to JT for realizing people were tuning out of KNOX in droves because of this caustic a-hole (I assume advertisers also) and doing his job as a GM.  You weren't perfect in your days on air but at least you have some common sense about local talk radio.   

Noah has a listenable show but he needs to do more local content and not so much esoteric "Conservative v Liberal" theory.   KNOX should be LOCAL talk radio.  The Herald is on life-support.  WDAY barely gives a sh*t about GF.   We need a place for local talk and conversation about GF.  KNOX has a chance to provide that - will you?   This is your chance to step up to the plate...but how about focusing on community events and other positive topics and not culture war bs?   Yeah I get it low hanging fruit makes the phones ring but you guys have a window to become the INFO-CENTER for what's going on in GF.  Will you step up and do that?   GF needs a reliable media source.   This is your opportunity...

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Ding Dong probably the WORST talk radio personality in the history of Grand Forks was FIRED by KNOX - GOOD RIDDANCE!

The LITTLE SHRILL MAN is finally GONE from the GF airwaves.   He brought NOTHING to GF talk radio but hateful small minded, conspiracy based rhetoric from a constipated angry individual.   He was always negative and did no prep for his shows - mostly just a personal bitch fest spewing hate along the way.   We don't need that here.  BYE BYE LEE and FU!  No one should be that angry all the time - sad!  

Thanks to JT for realizing people were tuning out of KNOX in droves because of this caustic a-hole (I assume advertisers also) and doing his job as a GM.  You weren't perfect in your days on air but at least you have some common sense about local talk radio.   

Noah has a listenable show but he needs to do more local content and not so much esoteric "Conservative v Liberal" theory.   KNOX should be LOCAL talk radio.  The Herald is on life-support.  WDAY barely gives a sh*t about GF.   We need a place for local talk and conversation about GF.  KNOX has a chance to provide that - will you?   This is your chance to step up to the plate...but how about focusing on community events and other positive topics and not culture war bs?   Yeah I get it low hanging fruit makes the phones ring but you guys have a window to become the INFO-CENTER for what's going on in GF.  Will you step up and do that?   GF needs a reliable media source.   This is your opportunity...

Brian Michael's would try and have more of a positive show that was not as focused on politics. The callers hijack his show and call in with off topic comments 

Common Man or Dan Bererro style show would be ideal.  Other than UND, sports segments should include NDSU and other local schools/pro teams.  Show should have callers.  I think Guage Ausmus would be a natural for a show like this, and I'm sure anyone who's listened to his pod would probably agree.  I doubt he would have the time but just an example.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Common Man or Dan Bererro style show would be ideal.  Other than UND, sports segments should include NDSU and other local schools/pro teams.  Show should have callers.  I think Guage Ausmus would be a natural for a show like this, and I'm sure anyone who's listened to his pod would probably agree.  I doubt he would have the time but just an example.

Would need a UND E-Sports HOF grad  on the bad word beep controller.

• Upvote 1

I actually enjoyed Listening to Lee.  I didn't always agree with what he said, but he always gave a change to people that called in and disagreed with him.  He talked a lot about local issues and youth sports in the area.

Brian Michael is unlistenable.  All of his jokes are stolen from KFAN.

Noah is great.  For a guy with as little experience as he did to step in and do as good of a job as he is doing is impressive.

I wish they could get Pat Sweeny out of the news room for an hour or two to do a sports show figuring all local content.

Gage would be horrible on regular Radio.  His pod cast is good for a pod cast, would not transfer over to radio.

Lastly KNOX is never going to get away from Politics.

7 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I actually enjoyed Listening to Lee.  I didn't always agree with what he said, but he always gave a change to people that called in and disagreed with him.  He talked a lot about local issues and youth sports in the area.

Noah is great.  For a guy with as little experience as he did to step in and do as good of a job as he is doing is impressive.

I wish they could get Pat Sweeny out of the news room for an hour or two to do a sports show figuring all local content.

Gage would be horrible on regular Radio.  His pod cast is good for a pod cast, would not transfer over to radio.

i guess you've never met gage?  great guy and he would do great if given the right format.

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

lee's biggest fault was not calling people out who would outright lie when they called in..he either was willfully ignorant, or dumb..either is just plain bad.  his non-stop war with the city council president was just cringeworthy.  he would take personal shots at Mr. Sandee, then when mr. sandee came on the air, he wouldn't say anything, and tucked his tail and ran away.  he just wasnt very good at his job.  only one train of thought, with few, if any, new ideas.  glad he is gone

• Like 2

He's a good youth baseball coach for the community from what I hear - he should stick with that.  Otherwise he was just a paranoid embarrassment for people just passing through the community who might tune into local radio for a flavor of the community and KEEP ON DRIVING for his horrendous idiotic rants.

I don't know anything about this new guy they have but I've basically turned off KNOX as a local talk source and this only makes GF more of a new desert - and that's the REAL PROBLEM!   The Herald has moved into a strip mall.   WDAY is only interested in promoting how great Fargo is for every reason under the sun.   Don't support Forum Communications on any level if you live in GF!.  They have said "F*CK YOU" to Grand Forks - we should say the same.  Leighton and Fox reactions TBD???

How about standing up for GF as a COMMUNITY without worrying about the politics?   That's what Fargo does and it's what we need to do...the question is how do we do it?

• Upvote 1

Again, and it's a common theme, Fargo doesn't complain that everything comes out of MSP. They get off their tails and build their own. So, ... looking at you Grand Forks. 

There is a North Valley media market: north of 200, Bemidji to Devils Lake. So target those interests and build an audience. Do it right and you'll pull in those disillusioned with other media market offerings. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/20/2023 at 12:10 AM, gfNDfan said:

He's a good youth baseball coach for the community from what I hear - he should stick with that.  Otherwise he was just a paranoid embarrassment for people just passing through the community who might tune into local radio for a flavor of the community and KEEP ON DRIVING for his horrendous idiotic rants.

I don't know anything about this new guy they have but I've basically turned off KNOX as a local talk source and this only makes GF more of a new desert - and that's the REAL PROBLEM!   The Herald has moved into a strip mall.   WDAY is only interested in promoting how great Fargo is for every reason under the sun.   Don't support Forum Communications on any level if you live in GF!.  They have said "F*CK YOU" to Grand Forks - we should say the same.  Leighton and Fox reactions TBD???

How about standing up for GF as a COMMUNITY without worrying about the politics?   That's what Fargo does and it's what we need to do...the question is how do we do it?

Don't blame Forum Communcations for not supporting Grand Forks because as someone who used to work for them, Grand Forks BARELY supported WDAZ. 

Oh - a Forum alum?  well then you should know....

It's not a matter of a city "SUPPORTING" wdaz - it's a matter of a business providing a product worth something to people the advertisers are willing to spend money on knowing PEOPLE are watching to reach the masses with their product.   WDAZ had that when they had a local news crew (on air and on the scene).   When Forum/WDAY decided to shut down the Grand Forks broadcast they basically said "F*ck YOU" to Grand Forks"   Not surprisingly - most GF advertisers have also said "F*CK YOU" to Forum too but also killing the Herald by proxy.   They're working out of a strip mall for crying out loud.  THANKS FORUM!  You accomplished your goal and made former interns believe no one in GF "supported" wdaz and we can all depend on Twitter and social media for news. - FANTASTIC!   

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Oh - a Forum alum?  well then you should know....

It's not a matter of a city "SUPPORTING" wdaz - it's a matter of a business providing a product worth something to people the advertisers are willing to spend money on knowing PEOPLE are watching to reach the masses with their product.   WDAZ had that when they had a local news crew (on air and on the scene).   When Forum/WDAY decided to shut down the Grand Forks broadcast they basically said "F*ck YOU" to Grand Forks"   Not surprisingly - most GF advertisers have also said "F*CK YOU" to Forum too but also killing the Herald by proxy.   They're working out of a strip mall for crying out loud.  THANKS FORUM!  You accomplished your goal and made former interns believe no one in GF "supported" wdaz and we can all depend on Twitter and social media for news. - FANTASTIC!   

So let me get this straight WDAZ was profitable, but The Forum shut it down to F*ck GF?  Case in point - what happen to the Hawks Magazine?  Quit after a few months because it couldn't get advertisers?  Here's a thought why don't you start your own paper?  Put your money where your big mouth is.

3 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Here's a thought why don't you start your own paper? 

i dont think the paper is the actual gripe..print papers are dying, and there is no changing that.  the fact that they took local broadcast news out of grand forks is a much bigger complaint...nobody in fargo gives a dang what happens north of HWY 200.

Demand better of KNOX. 
Where's the weekly hour with "Mayor Bo"? 

Support Neil Carlson; he's the closest there is to north Valley local right now.
https://inewz.tv/about-us/ 

Reach out to BEK out of Bismarck. Yeah, they show political bias, but they still cover local. 
https://www.bek.tv/ 

There are great examples to build or follow. 

And yeah, "fishwrap" or "dead trees" is history in a digital world. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Demand better of KNOX. 
Where's the weekly hour with "Mayor Bo"? 

Support Neil Carlson; he's the closest there is to north Valley local right now.
https://inewz.tv/about-us/ 

Reach out to BEK out of Bismarck. Yeah, they show political bias, but they still cover local. 
https://www.bek.tv/ 

There are great examples to build or follow. 

And yeah, "fishwrap" or "dead trees" is history in a digital world. 

im almost completely agreeing with you, but neil is pretty cringeworthy at times.  he is to eager to break the news, before takling the time to make sure it SHOULD  be broke..