SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

57 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Mastrosimone elects to not come back to Arizona State for a 5th year and signs with the Toronto Marlies. He only had AHL deals. 

Arizona loses their two top scorers. 

Tough loss for them so late in the offseason.
They lost both their top point getter and their top goal scorer.  No one else was within 15 points of those two.

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

Tough loss for them so late in the offseason.
They lost both their top point getter and their top goal scorer.  No one else was within 15 points of those two.

They planned on him not coming back but left the door open if he didn’t sign. 

Sad deal 

https://twitter.com/MinnHockey/status/1693626729602977817?s=20

The SUV occupants who suffered noncritical injuries, were identified by the patrol as driver Gianna K. Gasparini, 19, of Lakeville; Kayla M. Bluhm, 20, of Chisago City; and Lily K. Mortenson, 19, of Champlin.

Gasparini is the daughter of Tony Gasparini, the Sioux Falls Stampede general manager, and granddaughter of former North Dakota head coach Gino Gasparini.

On 8/12/2023 at 10:20 PM, siouxforce19 said:

I just remember them having little to no offense last year. They’re fine in other areas but I just don’t know if they will have enough offense to move up that much. 

CC has a pretty good incoming recruiting class coming in; lots of goal scorers up front and on the blue line. That said, they’re probably still a season away from being a legit contender. Definitely on the upswing though. 

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

CC has a pretty good incoming recruiting class coming in; lots of goal scorers up front and on the blue line. That said, they’re probably still a season away from being a legit contender. Definitely on the upswing though. 

Yeah I looked at their incoming class.  Solid players but to me I’m not sure they move the needle enough. Have to see how they look when the season starts. I still think for CC to become a contender another team has to take a step back and I’m not sure who that would be. 

University of Jamestown applied for D2 status. Hockey will remain with the ACHA 

https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/university-of-jamestown-has-applied-to-join-nsic-sources-say

FARGO — The University of Jamestown has applied for membership to the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, athletic director Austin Hieb confirmed Tuesday, Aug. 22.

The North Dakota school — a four-year private university — recently made a presentation to the NSIC, according to multiple sources.

“We are exploring the opportunity, and in order to fully explore the opportunity, we needed to submit an application," Hieb said. "We are still evaluating everything. We think we owe it to our students and to our student-athletes to explore possible options in the geographical footprint of the NSIC.”

The Jimmies are an NAIA program that competes in the Great Plains Athletic Conference. Hieb has familiarity with the NSIC, working in athletic administration at Northern State prior to the University of Jamestown.

5 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

University of Jamestown applied for D2 status. Hockey will remain with the ACHA 

https://www.inforum.com/sports/college/university-of-jamestown-has-applied-to-join-nsic-sources-say

FARGO — The University of Jamestown has applied for membership to the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, athletic director Austin Hieb confirmed Tuesday, Aug. 22.

The North Dakota school — a four-year private university — recently made a presentation to the NSIC, according to multiple sources.

“We are exploring the opportunity, and in order to fully explore the opportunity, we needed to submit an application," Hieb said. "We are still evaluating everything. We think we owe it to our students and to our student-athletes to explore possible options in the geographical footprint of the NSIC.”

The Jimmies are an NAIA program that competes in the Great Plains Athletic Conference. Hieb has familiarity with the NSIC, working in athletic administration at Northern State prior to the University of Jamestown.

D1 or D2 in ACHA? What is the current pecking order in club hockey in the state?

18 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

D1 or D2 in ACHA? What is the current pecking order in club hockey in the state?

Men have a team in both divisions and the women are D1. Minot is D1, U of Mary I believe moved up to D1 now, Bottineau is D2 along with Lake Region in Devils Lake 

15 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Yeah I looked at their incoming class.  Solid players but to me I’m not sure they move the needle enough. Have to see how they look when the season starts. I still think for CC to become a contender another team has to take a step back and I’m not sure who that would be. 

If the Tigers didn’t have Mbereko back there between the pipes, things might really be difficult. 

34 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Anyone have any insight as to which eastern school made the alleged offer? 

No insight but I’m pretty sure it couldn’t have actually been from a school. Pretty sure Schlossman just said on a recent podcast that schools can’t promise NIL deals/money. That’d be a violation. So unless I heard that wrong or misunderstood it? 

I was guessing it is probably a company/brand who is connected to a school. Like an alum or something. If I had to bet I’d say BU. 

8 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

No insight but I’m pretty sure it couldn’t have actually been from a school. Pretty sure Schlossman just said on a recent podcast that schools can’t promise NIL deals/money. That’d be a violation. So unless I heard that wrong or misunderstood it? 

I was guessing it is probably a company/brand who is connected to a school. Like an alum or something. If I had to bet I’d say BU. 

@siouxforce19, you're right, the offer couldn't/shouldn't come directly from a school. 

Caught just a minute of KFAN this morning...Bob Motzko was talking to the Vikings radio football guy saying how the Gofers were just 4 minutes away from winning the National Title last April.

Let's see; how did that go again? :whistling:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Caught just a minute of KFAN this morning...Bob Motzko was talking to the Vikings radio football guy saying how the Gofers were just 4 minutes away from winning the National Title last April.

Let's see; how did that go again? :whistling:

So close.  Such a shame.  ;)  :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Minnesota fills Logan Cooley roster slot with something called Nick Michel. #13thForward 

Played 4 games for Huntsville in 20/21 then played two seasons at D3 St John's.
Probably won't see any of very little ice time unless UMN has some forward injury issues.