SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So does a tie do anything for either Omaha or CC tonight, Pairwise speaking?

Pairwise #14 vs #18 or so ... just by playing the game, both team's RPI will have risen slightly.  Otherwise, "meh".  

In a one-and-done format, CC is the toughest out, with the conference's best goaltender, by a country mile.   Mbereko stole a point tonight.  SOG 19-42 favoring UNO. 

17 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So does a tie do anything for either Omaha or CC tonight, Pairwise speaking?

CC has a really funky comparison grid.  They are winning their comparison with us (4 H2H wins will do that), but they are losing comparisons to 3 teams below them in Omaha, Arizona State and Augustana.  They had a chance to flip the Augustana with a good showing against UNO (common opponent).  Now they have DU left as common opponents to all 3, and I'm not sure a clean sweep of DU will flip those. 

I'm not sure how they factor the winning percentage in those. ASU has a COp record of 3-3-1 with a .5625 rating where CC is 4-4-1 and at .3125.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The NCAA can't be happy.

I wonder what the CCHA (Alaska) and B1G (ASU) will do. 

Both conferences did the NCAA mandatory 3 games for all players suspended and those two are done for the year. The replies on Twitter are hilarious, from soft to sue the school. 

I remember the one North Dakota player that at least wait to be let out to fight the Denver player. 

2 hours ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

Done as in off the team or done for the year? If it’s the latter, to be fair ASU doesn’t have too many games left with them being on the outside of the pairwise bubble

If they are evaluating his future at the school, there's very little likelihood of a return.

Schlossman reposted that Denver could be without top two centers against St. Cloud. King and Rizzo are two big guns to be missing for a big series, especially on the road.  We better make sure we take care of our own business.

I wonder how many in-state championship games there have been?  Minnesota, Michigan, New York, Mass?

Edit:    Went through championship history--looks like only 2:

1970:  Harkness' undefeated Cornell over Clarkson

1956:  UMich over MTech

23 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I don't understand why anyone builds a new arena with so little seating. 

I guess these schools don’t get enough people to show up to the games vs tickets sold, and it will only seat 49 more than the current arena.