SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

28 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

@bale31is looking at becoming a Michigan Tech fan…but it’s under the hush-hush at the moment. 

Naw....ill just commiserate with them. They had a coach sell them for years and fool them into believing in him too. We will all be bitter together.

2 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Admittedly, i know very little about him. Is he someone that is mentioned for openings oftern? Should he be?

Yes. 
Been Assoc HC at UND under Berry and assistant under Hak. 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/68044/dane-jackson 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dane_Jackson_(ice_hockey) 

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/roster/coaches/dane-jackson/563 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes. 
Been Assoc HC at UND under Berry and assistant under Hak. 

Though I don't know this to be true, I think he and Berry successfully recruited a lot of elite talent over the years under both Hak and BB. 

Dane turned down an NHL assistant coaching job (Flyers via Hak) to stay at UND. I think this was more of a family/young kids decision at the time to stay in GF as well as job stability. Maybe things have changed now years later? Better timing? He’s definitely deserving of a HC opportunity and I think his names been in the hat quite a few times over the past several years. Honest question; would he be taking a pay cut to be HC at kato? 

5 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

Dane turned down an NHL assistant coaching job (Flyers via Hak) to stay at UND. I think this was more of a family/young kids decision at the time to stay in GF as well as job stability. Maybe things have changed now years later? Better timing? He’s definitely deserving of a HC opportunity and I think his names been in the hat quite a few times over the past several years. Honest question; would he be taking a pay cut to be HC at kato? 

Mankato paid Hastings very well, as they knew if they wanted to be a serious hockey program they were going to have to pay. I think it would be more of a lateral move pay wise for him to go from UND to Mankato.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, burd said:

Though I don't know this to be true, I think he and Berry successfully recruited a lot of elite talent over the years under both Hak and BB. 

Sadly "recruited" is the proper tense of the word lately.

From Schloss:

Some moves today/over the weekend:
Omaha F Jack Randl to use his fifth year w/ Mavs
AIC F Reggie Millette to portal
Ohio State D Dominic Vidoli to portal
CC F Matthew Gleason to St. Thomas
UMass F Cal Kiefiuk to Providence
Sacred Heart G Luke Lush to RIT

Huge news from UNO to keep Randl another year.
He ended the season a bit more quiet but he was leading the country in goals for a bit there in the 1st half.

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Moore joins the Q next year. 

The minute he entered I'd have guessed that. It's "home" for him. 

I wonder how that will work.  Q runs a fast transition game from the defensive zone out...from what we saw of Moore this year, he struggles with making good & quick decisions in those scenarios.  We'll see if Pecknold can get him up to speed.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I wonder how that will work.  Q runs a fast transition game from the defensive zone out...from what we saw of Moore this year, he struggles with making good & quick decisions in those scenarios.  We'll see if Pecknold can get him up to speed.

Good point, though it seemed to me he had the most trouble handling an aggressive forecheck.   Same dynamic as what you described though. 

He has significant talent.  I hope it all comes together for him there. 

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

He’ll be just fine, really skilled player. I’m guessing confidence was slipping after he got sat a bit. Perfect spot for him. I’m guessing he has a nice year. Curious how good they’ll be, I heard they’re super old.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

He’ll be just fine, really skilled player. I’m guessing confidence was slipping after he got sat a bit. Perfect spot for him. I’m guessing he has a nice year. Curious how good they’ll be, I heard they’re super old.

Yeah they're old this year...they have 4-5 fifth year seniors on their team on top of their normal seniors.

• Upvote 1