SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Recruiting

Hardcore Hawk

21 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

For 2023 I'm sure there was this type of list. Not sure if Jerry would have been on it but hopefully he will end up being the best ones of the 2023 class. 

Screenshot_20231102-142832.png

Went and looked at the 247 list for 23 QB recruits and Jerry was #208 for all qbs, including FBS.  Approximately 40 to 50 FCS qbs ahead of him.  Rough count.  Interesting side note U Mary and Grand Valley QB recruits ranked above him.  Take for whatever star rankings are worth.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, NDRA said:

Went and looked at the 247 list for 23 QB recruits and Jerry was #208 for all qbs, including FBS.  Approximately 40 to 50 FCS qbs ahead of him.  Rough count.  Interesting side note U Mary and Grand Valley QB recruits ranked above him.  Take for whatever star rankings are worth.

Outside of the very top prospects they’re worthless.

On 9/16/2023 at 6:17 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

The College kid from Armstrong is LEGIT.  He can do everything on the defensive side of the ball.  He can rush the passer and drop back in coverage. 

He is EXACTLY what UND needs as a DE or OLB in the 3-4

He had 4 sacks tonight in their section final matchup.  He was a BEAST. 

8 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Jack Simmers leads GF Central past Jamestown and to the Dakota Bowl. We get to see him face off against Haugo from North. Gotta think we’re looking at Simmers fit at least a PWO

The North TE is a beast and the Nose Guard is over 300. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how many are getting D1 interest.  I saw Pietrzak just got an offer from Southern Cal and Shaffer has had some P5 interest.  Believe St. Romain is committed to NDSU.  Conklin I believe just got offered by NDSU after their title game. Ovsak is a nice athlete but pretty small.

2 minutes ago, Devils said:

Not sure how many are getting D1 interest.  I saw Pietrzak just got an offer from Southern Cal and Shaffer has had some P5 interest.  Believe St. Romain is committed to NDSU.  Conklin I believe just got offered by NDSU after their title game. Ovsak is a nice athlete but pretty small.

Pietzrak’s offer list is up to about 12 or 13 I think. Doubt he’ll be playing college football anywhere in ND. Conklin has a PWO offer from NDSU, St. Romain is committed to NDSU, and I’m pretty sure Schaffer will be getting offered. 
Christmann is committed to Moorhead. The one who’s really intriguing is Jordan Leininger. Not committed as far as I know. The kid stood out big time in the championship. I think he could play LB at the FCS level. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So do we go after Andrew Schuster to replace his brother Tommy? Looks to be committed to Grand Valley but did have a couple d1 non scholarship offers. Worked out the first time…….

I'm not opposed to it.  A little taller and a little bigger than Tommy.  Probably would get about 1/4 of the playing time as his brother, if things go the way we think they should go.