SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

If we keep three D (meaning 4, 24, 15) we can bring 5 freshmen D. 

No Frisch or need six D, yeah, probably a portal D. 

But we have to stop relying on the quick hit feel good portal. It’s an addictive drug and those are not good in the long run.

I know what you are saying but rolling out a bunch of freshmen isn’t a key to success either. 4 is a turnover machine and 24 was a healthy scratch at the end. Hitting the portal hard for dmen is a must in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

I know what you are saying but rolling out a bunch of freshmen isn’t a key to success either. 4 is a turnover machine and 24 was a healthy scratch at the end. Hitting the portal hard for dmen is a must in my opinion. 

Didn’t Duluth make the Frozen Four a couple seasons ago with five freshmen D?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

4-6-18-24-32 portal

15-17 sign 

4 and 24 get top 2 pairing minutes....don't see it. 

32.....yes.

I think Frisch has the character to not leave on this note....no NCAA. 

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

My Magic 8 Ball just revealed....

6 and 18 to portal

25 and 17 bolt

15 and 28 come back

Thought 25 was really good tonight.  Where on earth was 17?  Said a few times it'd be nice for him to make a play. 

I think as well 25 and 17 is gone.  I think 15 is a lean gone, and 28 is back next year.

Gonna be a dog fight next year.  Portal will be big....

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Didn’t Duluth make the Frozen Four a couple seasons ago with five freshmen D?

That was probably the best D class in NCHC history. If that’s what you’re banking on, again, best of luck. Regardless of what happens, there will be huge turnover. I prefer hitting the portal for a least two proven guys over all freshmen. 

Defense 6'5" 213 lbs OTT L

I have an honest question.  He's tall, strong and unfairly punished by NCAA referees with penalties for being so.   I have never seen the guy up close in person.  Does he need another year to fill out with muscle mass or is he ready to go in that regard?  Or is he still needing time to bulk up on that big frame for the next step?  

5 minutes ago, St Patrick said:
Defense 6'5" 213 lbs OTT L

I have an honest question.  He's tall, strong and unfairly punished by NCAA referees for penalties for being so.   I have never seen the guy up close in person.  Does he need another year to fill out with muscle mass or is he ready to go in that regard?  Or is he still needing time to bulk up for the next step?

He’s got nothing left to prove. Win a championship? Money seems more flattering to kids his age.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, brianvf said:

For sure. Case in point, Blake…sure he won the NCHC RotY, but he has no talent like the rest of those hacks. ;)

Compare our talent to the top programs - how do you like us now?  Either that or we underperformed tremendously - missing the tournament again. Or we can't develop talent. Being on the road in the NCHC playoffs doesn't exactly scream talent.  And why for craps sake do we need a portal goalie for the third year in a row.  Recruiting is down and we are reaping the results.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

13??? My guess is he wants to come back......and Berry says "sure why not".

This is one I’m watching. Will tell me a lot if Berry has learned or not. This is a clear case of someone who cannot come back.