Kab's Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Coach Sather Contract Decision

• Contract Extension for Coach Sather
    • Removal of Coach Sather Immediately
    • Removal of Coach Sather after 2022-2023 Season
    • Coach Sather completes his 5 year deal and then make a decision

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We need a coach that can recruit D1 level talent. That would help. 

Like Bruns, Ihenacho and Ndoukou?

I am not as concerned about recruiting the talent as I am about retaining it. That's the piece that needs to be figured out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Like Bruns, Ihenacho and Ndoukou?

I am not as concerned about recruiting the talent as I am about retaining it. That's the piece that needs to be figured out. 

So he’s had all that talent and still wins less than 20% of his games versus d1 teams. Something has to be off then. If it’s not players talents then maybe it’s coaching??? Maybe just bad luck?? 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

That is the most self-contradicting thing I believe you've ever written, because the last thing I think of when I think "Randall Herbst" is spotlight personality. 

Completely agree.  I may have my opinions, but I'm open minded.  Herbst has put in the time and is deserving of an opportunity.  If he can take advantage of that opportunity and show that he's a difference maker, great!  If the decision has already been made and the plan is for UND to move on at the end of the season, the only real difference is that Herbst would be denied an opportunity (if Chaves waits), and it's not like he isn't qualified - he was Chaves finalist to this exact job.  

4 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

When did anyone say that this is going to decide what will actually happen??? This was a poll to see how some of the programs biggest fans actually feel. You know... the point of a public forum....

Read earlier posts: “ a sharp vote of no confidence from the most active fans of the program looks a lot like a referendum on coach Sather and that should carry some weight with the brass”.  That is the post I initially responded to. 

8 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Read earlier posts: “ a sharp vote of no confidence from the most active fans of the program looks a lot like a referendum on coach Sather and that should carry some weight with the brass”.  That is the post I initially responded to. 

You can't rationalize with HoopsFan, Ira....

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

:tinfoilhat: Some might say the same about you SD UND, when I mean some i mean everyone except Ira who can't take sarcasm either

I can rationalize with rational people... people like Hoops and GoodGood aren't rational... so there's a wedge there.

20 minutes ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

:tinfoilhat: Some might say the same about you SD UND, when I mean some i mean everyone except Ira who can't take sarcasm either

Again, it isn't worth the time to even respond to Sather's minions. They will never see things from a different perspective other than that Sather is the greatest coach ever! They never have stats, numbers, or any valid reasons for any of their claims. But if we provide a stat, like him winning less than 25% of his games against other D1 teams, they will say we are wrong because they think he is a good coach. It really makes for some great conversations in this forum!! (sarcasm) Had to add that incase the minions didn't catch that it was sarcasm. 

3 hours ago, NewUndFan said:

If I had that much control I certainly would.  The poll was done in fun to see how the forum would like to see the coaching situation play out.  No one thinks that it is going to affect how the A.D. handles the situation.   Also when someone posted earlier that we should call the A.D. home phone you jumped right in how that is not a good idea when clearly the person making the comment was joking.   Hence why you = KAREN 

That is why you aren’t in control. You aren’t experienced enough nor capable of being in “control”.  I assume that means you won’t be forking over your $50,000 share of the buyout.
You equated me with a term used to describe white women who use their so called “white privilege” to get what they want. You say it is because I felt an administrator’s home phone is off limits. You can do that because you can hide on a public forum and get away with it. I would give big odds that you have no idea what it is like to have meals interrupted either home with family or in public. I doubt you have any idea you no what it is like to have family time interrupted either at home or in public because some moronic fan whose life revolves around a sports team wants an autograph, photo or to give you an opinion. You seem to fit the bill, but I have no idea if you are an expert like or some poor misunderstood soul who was the 12th man on his 9th grade BB team and pines away for those days. Of course the guy who posted the comment about Chaves home number was “kidding”.  Easy to say that but there was no indication he was kidding. 

2 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

That is why you aren’t in control. You aren’t experienced enough nor capable of being in “control”.  I assume that means you won’t be forking over your $50,000 share of the buyout.
You equated me with a term used to describe white women who use their so called “white privilege” to get what they want. You say it is because I felt an administrator’s home phone is off limits. You can do that because you can hide on a public forum and get away with it. I would give big odds that you have no idea what it is like to have meals interrupted either home with family or in public. I doubt you have any idea you no what it is like to have family time interrupted either at home or in public because some moronic fan whose life revolves around a sports team wants an autograph, photo or to give you an opinion. You seem to fit the bill, but I have no idea if you are an expert like or some poor misunderstood soul who was the 12th man on his 9th grade BB team and pines away for those days. Of course the guy who posted the comment about Chaves home number was “kidding”.  Easy to say that but there was no indication he was kidding. 

You were the only one who thought he was serious = Karen .  So I'm not allowed to have an opinion unless I agree to buy out the coach huh ? You are obviously blind and have no sense for basketball if you think our program is going in the right direction. 

2 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Because a lot of people seem to forget this: THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM WHERE PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO SHARE OPINIONS. No one on here is getting paid to coach the team, recruit players, fire coaches, find potential coaches, and hire coaches. I can have an opinion that UND needs to move on from its current men’s basketball coach (can support this opinion with countless stats about the state of the program), that does not mean I need to supply a single $ to make that happen. I will continue to go to home games, I will continue to travel to away games that I can make, and I will see you Friday in Fargo if you or SD or anyone else would like to share your opinions on the state of UND men’s basketball 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Also when these passionate fans that are on here that care about the team stop caring you will see a drop in attendance.  You will be left with gray hairs that will come to games and be happy and zero wins a season. But season ticket holders like myself who I guess can have no opinion will not be renewing next year unless there is changes.  Ira are you a season ticket holder??

• Upvote 2

Just now, NewUndFan said:

Also when these passionate fans that are on here that care about the team stop caring you will see a drop in attendance.  You will be left with gray hairs that will come to games and be happy and zero wins a season. But season ticket holders like myself who I guess can have no opinion will not be renewing next year unless there is changes.  Ira are you a season ticket holder??

Exactly! Us season ticket holders that are at every game, watch every single road game online, travel to road games at times. We have no opinion in this public forum unless we pay $50k out of our own pockets to buy out the current coach. It makes a lot of sense! Just shows you what type of people the minions truly are! 

On second thought, I think I'm going to start selling Sather's Minions merch! All proceeds will go to buying out Sather from his current contract. That way I am allowed an opinion in this forum and am allowed to talk. Will that work Minions??

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

They will never see things from a different perspective other than that Sather is the greatest coach ever!

Not a single person has said that.

48 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

because they think he is a good coach

His previous body of work indicates that he is. Well respected people, at all different levels from NAIA to D1, concur with it.
For many different reasons, it isn't translating. No one is disputing this either. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

You were the only one who thought he was serious = Karen .  So I'm not allowed to have an opinion unless I agree to buy out the coach huh ? You are obviously blind and have no sense for basketball if you think our program is going in the right direction. 

I didn’t say I thought the program was going in the right direction. My comment about a buyout was to those who are frustrated someone else isn’t doing it. I’ve never liked the comments from those who have answers as long as someone else pays for it. My comments aren’t to everyone who wants a coaching change but to those who want someone else to pay for a buyout. I have no issues with those whose opinion is to change coaches. Maybe they are correct. I’m not blind. My basketball experiences, and coaching experiences are irrelevant. You may think your basketball experience and expertise far exceeds mine and anyone else who isn’t in full agreement. You may be right.  I’m smart enough to know I haven’t kept up with either sport to think I can coach. Maybe others have. My initial comment was after a post related to a poll that might influence UND “brass”.  I made another comment about the AD’s home phone number. Some of you infer an awful lot from nothing.  Because one disagrees there is no reason to take it as an offense. 

3 hours ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

I can take anything you want to toss out here but if you think it’s clear that everyone outside the ss.com experts can tell when your pals are “kidding” or “sarcastic”,  I beg to differ.