SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night with Duluth-Spicer's Revenge???

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Both DU and St Clowns do not want UND to make the National Tournament.  I understand the games would be played in Fargo.  UND would play in Fargo.  Good chance DU or Saint Cloud could be seeded there.  That is a big risk to play in Fargo with UND also playing in Fargo.

They won’t be there again.   No chance this team makes the tournament 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Both DU and St Clowns do not want UND to make the National Tournament.  I understand the games would be played in Fargo.  UND would play in Fargo.  Good chance DU or Saint Cloud could be seeded there.  That is a big risk to play in Fargo with UND also playing in Fargo.

DU and Clown would both be licking their chops at an opportunity to play UND post-season. Unfortunately for them it’ll be a much better club. 

3 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

DU or St Cloud wouldn’t be seeded in Fargo if either is a 1 seed and UND made it as a 4 seed. I expect Minnesota to be in Fargo. But it doesn’t matter because this team isn’t making the tournament without an incredible miracle that involves winning the NCHC tournament. And we can not even win 2 games in a row. 

Just now, crb1 said:

Well this season is shaping up to be a real dud. I am not real sure what is going on but nothing is working. It’s been frustrating to watch this train wreck. 

What adds insult to injury is Berry w/ his roster moves last offseason went all in on this team. Would love Spicer / a few freshman blue liners this year. What an absolute disaster on every level. 

• Upvote 2

Soft play and blown coverage give Duluth their first goal and an atrocious turnover and out of control goalie give them the game winner.

Had some great chances but couldn't convert both Blake and Albrecht had 2 great looks each and they missed.

DeRidder made some solid saves but the game winner is part of why I can't stand him. He his always flopping/diving around out of control and has no idea where he is in the net, if he is in control and stays positionally sound that puck hits him easily on the game winner. The other part is he has absolutely no idea where the puck is going when it hits him, without a doubt among the worst rebound control I've ever seen from a college goaltender.

This program is in a real bad place right now and I feel really needs a change in leadership. It is the same stuff over and over again which means either the coaches aren't recognizing the problems or they aren't getting their message through to the players and whichever of the two it is its a major problem. I had Minnesota/Michigan on one of my other TVs and found myself drawn to that game much more. The level of play looked like JV/Varsity between the two games.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

UND needs to quit bidding for regionals

we don’t even make it there

just play hockey and go where they send you

same with the last 2 destination games 

I think Und is full of itself when it comes  to these things 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

He talks over Alex, and doesn’t have the proper vocabulary for play by play. Might as well be Barry Melrose.

Brandt is fine to those of us that aren’t hockey experts 

1 minute ago, Kab said:

UND needs to quit bidding for regionals

we don’t even make it there

just play hockey and go where they send you

same with the last 2 destination games 

I think Und is full of itself when it comes  to these things 

We didn't used to be - but now????

1 minute ago, AJS said:

What adds insult to injury is Berry w/ his roster moves last offseason went all in on this team. Would love Spicer / a few freshman blue liners this year. What an absolute disaster on every level. 

Agree with how you stated this.  How many older players did we need?  Spicer needed to be involved.  It also sends a message to other Grand Forks/East Grand Forks potential recruits, how Spicer was handled.  They see Spicer good enough to go directly to UMD.  Why would UMD coach feel Spicer was ready?  Must be a novice coach.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Irish said:

So - this is our culture now?  We seriously need a change - chances it will happen - 0%.  All the talk about defensive responsibility - good one.  

No worries, they’ll have 3 “really good” practices this week and be all set for next weekend’s a**-kicking.

On the first goal…how do two forwards end up below the goal line when defensive coverage has been a focus for weeks? I’d start sitting guys like 9 and 22 to send a message. This season is toast anyways. We keep hearing how playing at UND isn’t a privilege, but I guess now it’s fine to only play on one end of the rink.