SiouxSports.com Forum

The "NODAK" Trademark

The Sicatoka

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Got a link to the article you mention? 

The timeline mention only makes things look worse. (Smoking gun?) 

The NODAK whites were 2021; the Vegas were 2022. 

Not a Brad article, it was a video feature.  Takes 1.5 to 2 years for the design process, according to Dan the equipment manager.  Who knows when the Nodak idea itself was born. Start at the 2:35 mark.

If anything....

all this is just another huge black eye for the University of North Dakota's horrendous licensing and marketing dept.

How was 

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

Schloss probably in a tough spot on this story...

Or..... or......  there's not the story here the highspeed Hawkzi kabal wants there to be and they had to farm it out to the sleeziest masterclickbaiter in the state....

What's more likely.. consider the others that also passed on it.

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

Wonder if Berry can make as much as the consultant firm did that gave us their doodling.   Maybe an investigation needs to be taken up on that end as well. 

Berry would be far better off if nary a dollar has struck his hands.
Pretty sure a hired consultant isn't looking at a conflict of interest.
Sections 1 and 5 are problematic for anyone who knew. 

https://ndusbpos.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/NDUSPoliciesandProcedures/EaiiN5o2pzVPsqHqQ7mEMXQBAAXzs8NFEWmFd5Z2Fhw0gQ?rtime=Qx90O9rT2kg 

The way the State policy is written just the appearance of conflict of interest or self dealing invokes the policy. 

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

If anything....

all this is just another huge black eye for the University of North Dakota's horrendous licensing and marketing dept.

How was 

Or..... or......  there's not the story here the highspeed Hawkzi kabal wants there to be and they had to farm it out to the sleeziest masterclickbaiter in the state....

I'll take "Huge Black Eye for UND" for $200 Alex...

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

If anything....

How was 

Nahh it’s messed up

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Jim Shaw.....Tony Bender.....both would like a word with you.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Have you seen all the unlicensed stuff for sale on the Facebook site? Is UND unaware the site exists?

You have to admit there a difference between a Chinese sweatshop doing it and UND cutting a PO and doing unlicensed usage of someone else's TM. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, tnt said:

If Berry was all about money, why did he gift those scholarships to students last year?   

I was responding to the post below.  I don't think Berry is all about money.  I think his daughter saw an opportunity and took it.  For his sake, I hope he was unaware.

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

You have to be kidding yourself if you think the Berry's are not making money off of this "Nodak" name. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

I'd take a wait and see approach on that statement.

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Again, please educate us. 

I'll let you stew on these little tidbits...

I

Where was the company UND pays (paid) to mange all this? 

and....

All this stuff sounds complicated, seems like a lot of legaleeze is neede to navigate these waters.

I wonder if they had guidance that made sure it was done proper at the time?

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

Do we know for certain whether or not NODAK LLC was paid for use of their trademarked word?

B. I. N. G. O.

what does he win Bob?...

a coupon for a free Nothingburger

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I was responding to the post below.  I don't think Berry is all about money.  I think his daughter saw an opportunity and took it.  For his sake, I hope he was unaware.

I wonder if there's any other ventures this or similar corporate entities have undertaken?