SiouxSports.com Forum

The "NODAK" Trademark

The Sicatoka

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If the answer is to protect and gift to UND the follow up question is why'd it take until it came to light over two years later. 

...or she could have thought she could make some $ and Brad had a fatherly conversation with her.  Could be a ton of different reasons...

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

In my twenties, I was just trying to figure out how to pay melt rent, have some leftover beer money, and chase girls (and not particularly in that order) and I typically failed miserably with at least 2 of these 3 things. Impressed a twenty-something knows how to create LLC’s and obtain trademarks all on her own. Very impressive. 

Well today's kids ain't them kids....

... its almost as if there might have been some help in preparing and processing these complex things to ensure legal and proper. .. .....

8 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

And there's the HAWKZI mantra coming out.... just the seething jealousy of years of being the second fiddle lashing out..

"It's all hockey's fault"

Curious why don't you lay out what actually happened for everyone since you seem to have all the inside details?

Plenty of people know big parts of the story (and for an extended period of time), but your tune is slightly different. I'd really like to be educated.

• Like 1

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

There's a word for that. 

Your still missing the point... 

I'll admit I'm having a blast trying to point you in the right direction

... but im bored so, its cheap entertainment.

Kinda like watching the prisoners take the iq test in the 2006 classic  "Idiocracy"

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Your still missing the point... 

I'll admit I'm having a blast trying to point you in the right direction

... but im bored so, its cheap entertainment.

Kinda like watching the prisoners take the iq test in the 2006 classic  "Idiocracy"

image.jpeg.b7d90c1c2c632bf0e766bbe3755ffa63.jpeg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

In my twenties, I was just trying to figure out how to pay my rent, have some leftover beer money, and chase girls (and not particularly in that order) and I typically failed miserably with at least 2 of these 3 things. Impressed a twenty-something knows how to create LLC’s and obtain trademarks all on her own. Very impressive. 

I don't know about trademarks, but starting an LLC is fairly easy. There are even volunteer staffed organizations (SCORE) that will help you do it for free. Now a days they even teach Entrepreneurism classes in school where they learn these things.

Just now, N of GF said:

I don't know about trademarks, but starting an LLC is fairly easy. There are even volunteer staffed organizations (SCORE) that will help you do it for free. Now a days they even teach Entrepreneurism classes in school where they learn these things.

Let's plug SCORE a bit more, spectacular resource!!

59 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

I'll bet the University doesn't want to talk about it...they look less than smart right now.

Ya think?  This was probably a quick phone call to Las Vegas to see if a certain booster wouldn’t mind ponying up $100K or so to purchase the trademark and then “give” it to UND.  Brad gets some hockey jerseys for his team to placate the “Sioux Forever” mob, said donor continues to be the superhero, and daddy’s girl quietly makes a few bucks on the side.  Everyone’s a winner.  

But that’s probably just wild speculation on my part…

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Ya think?  This was probably a quick phone call to Las Vegas to see if a certain booster wouldn’t mind ponying up $100K or so to purchase the trademark and then “give” it to UND.  Brad gets some hockey jerseys for his team to placate the “Sioux Forever” mob, said donor continues to be the superhero, and daddy’s girl quietly makes a few bucks on the side.  Everyone’s a winner.  

image.jpeg.2aac36a2f54419861b3a89269d039121.jpeg

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Well if wild speculation is the game ... and following Frozen's trail ...

Brad and some cohorts (he'd need a lawyer like the name in Port's story) decide they don't want to use the official UND nickname. So they pick what Berry wanted during voting and use Brianna's LLC to get control over it. They have no profit intent in mind. They just want their own hockey nickname that isn't UND's official name. They get the word and use it, thus creating a new identity that is not UND's official identity. Ingenious.

And insubordinate. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:They just want their own hockey nickname that isn't UND's official name. They get the word and use it, thus creating a new identity that is not UND's official identity. Ingenious.

And insubordinate. 

...and churlish?  Mr Garvey holding on line one for you.;)

image.jpeg.0deaff6ca0a67231b06ad7e7e76b5291.jpeg

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Calling man's daughter dumb is something one should answer to behind the rink.

I'd doubt you'd be man enough to stand up to your comments, but also doubt Berry would stoop down to your level to teach you.

Either way I'd pay to watch that.

I understand reading is hard for some but I never used the word dumb. 

A lot of kids that are in college do not know how to wash clothes, does that make them dumb?