SiouxSports.com Forum

The "NODAK" Trademark

The Sicatoka

21 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I see some folks finally caught onto the subliminal messaging posted her recently, eh?  Welcome to the party!

Dude you where months behind on your "subliminal" thinking you knew something.

19 minutes ago, UND08 said:

I'd assume that Port wrote this article with pending FOIA requests to determine how much money has been paid to the Berry's for this trademark.

This will likely get worse before it gets better...Heads roll over this kind of crap a lot...

$0.00 thats how much.

Massive nothingburger, no matter how much the Hawkzi's are trying to make of it.

1 minute ago, Benny Baker said:

I want to know motivations and intent. If the Berrys' intended to register the trademark with the motivation to leverage a buyout later on, then I might join the "Fire Berry" crowd because that shows a complete absence of common sense and ethics.

But, I am willing to hear the situation out first....

Alternatively it could be "buy, protect, gift to UND". 
But why did she sit on it from September 2020 to now? 

And if she bought, why didn't she buy what UND had and released (NODAKS)?
Why'd she buy the singular version NODAK that ended up on jerseys? 

Too many open questions. 

3 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

I want to know motivations and intent. If the Berrys' intended to register the trademark with the motivation to leverage a buyout later on, then I might join the "Fire Berry" crowd because that shows a complete absence of common sense and ethics.

But, I am willing to hear the situation out first....

The hockey program has fought tooth and nail to not have anything to do with the new nickname. As long as the hockey program was against the nickname the lemmings (people who hate the new nickname) were going to follow him blindly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Dude you where months behind on your "subliminal" thinking you knew something.

$0.00 thats how much.

Massive nothingburger, no matter how much the Hawkzi's are trying to make of it.

You have to be kidding yourself if you think the Berry's are not making money off of this "Nodak" name. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, siouxkid12 said:

You have to be kidding yourself if you think the Berry's are not making money off of this "Nodak" name. 

I’m trying to imagine the Georgia or Alabama football programs or North Carolina basketball program branding a 100% separate identity from the rest of university sports and what the fan reaction might be if the kids of the respective head coaches happened to hold the trademark licensing to that identity…

@Frozen4sioux big nothingburger?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

The hockey program has fought tooth and nail to not have anything to do with the new nickname. 

How'd she pick to trademark the name that ended up on dad's jerseys ... other than it was dad's preferred nickname (that lost the vote). 

Too much coincidence for my taste. 

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Oh great!  Just what the hockey program and Berry need. Watch them fall to the bottom half of the NCHC and out of NCAA playoff contention now. 

Or maybe this was known internally and was a distraction. 

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Going to be very interested to hear what Berry has to say, doesn't look good for him at surface level. 

“Gotta play a full 60 minutes…keep the forecheck goin’…everybody give 100%…next man up…culture of the program…”

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

This is where the ignorance just ooozes out of you

15 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

I am surprised the gfhockey and the "good ol boys" didn't know about this....

Who didn't know?...

3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

who said anything about "buy"?

If it was acquired to gift to UND, why's she sitting on it since September 2020? As an "asset" it's done nothing but appreciate since dad put it on jerseys twice. You have to admit that looks a tad shady. 

Sep 2020 worth: whatever the filing paperwork cost
Nov 2022 worth: I can't fathom