SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

23 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

They'll use the 4 strategically unless major injuries occur. He'll be even better after a year of winter weights and spring ball. He also has a cannon for an arm, if ever needed in a pinch or some trick-eration. 

Fun to have kids like that in the pipeline.

23 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

They'll use the 4 strategically unless major injuries occur. He'll be even better after a year of winter weights and spring ball. He also has a cannon for an arm, if ever needed in a pinch or some trick-eration. 

I’m always for preserving a redshirt but with the portal the way it is now, may as well play them while you have them if they’re going to be difference makers. I get he may not have surpassed some of the WRs anyways though. 

12 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Jerry's not ready yet.

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Yes he is.

5 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

You should probably go mop the play area before the noon drive-thru rush.  :D

:lol: This made me laugh a little harder than it should have

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m always for preserving a redshirt but with the portal the way it is now, may as well play them while you have them if they’re going to be difference makers. I get he may not have surpassed some of the WRs anyways though. 

exactly....play em while you got em.  Jerry didn't come here to watch tommy two gloves for two years from the sidelines.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

KK is one of the fastest guys on the team. He was injured last year so we’ll see if health and a simplified scheme will spark a renaissance for him this year.

He definitely looks the part going into the season. Let's hope the simplified schemes lets him do less thinking and use his athleticism to his advantage.

3 hours ago, iramurphy said:

You don’t ever seem to be willing to share with anyone how you have become such an expert, or for that matter,  how you might stay in touch. 
You can always PM me and I will share how I manage to stay in touch. I could probably give you some pointers. Let’s not derail another thread. 

We can agree to ignore each other - that’s fine. I’m sure your expert tales are exquisite.

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Was it Mike Edwards?

Ahhhhh, YES!  That's the name.  I should know... I drove him home from a math class once.  Not sure why I was thinking it was Tank.. must be getting old!  Without me asking, Mike told me about how he didn't watch film and how he gamed the software that was used to track it.. something about it being the same thing every play as a NT, which I suppose makes sense.

Couple thoughts:

Overall I like where we are at.  My hope in a couple of these positions is that we are so deep that guys will rotate in that aren't listed depending on game situations (D-Line would certainly be my focus here).  I'm a still concerned about our OLBs/Safeties.  Like a few on this board...I've seen Kauppinen get toasted enough times to not have a high trust level in his play in passing downs.  We need to be better at OLB as well...hopefully coaching gets this done (and I'm not sure if "simplifying" is enough).

As to a couple of points made here today:

1 - I'm a firm believer in the best player plays philosophy.  If I was a player I wouldn't be too happy if I was sitting in order to "spring a surprise" on Boise or SDSU...college football careers are too short.  You can always play the other guys after you get a lead or rotate them in...(Oh and I highly doubt Kaminski at this point is better than Tommy so that poster you can give it a rest...haha!).

2 - I know everyone is sick of the criticisms of how the program is run...but they continue to be forced down our throats for a reason, namely that many on here don't think we've done enough to address them.  I'm going to give the program the benefit of the doubt...but if we're staring down 6-5/7-4 by October...it's only going to get louder!  And those staunchly unconditional defenders of the status quo will continue to have more and more space to roam in an increasingly empty Alerus Center...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Can we steal Santiago, Cole Reyes and Deion Harris from this as well?

31 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Close but no cigar. Big Snacks was Edwards from the late Miss era. Best nose we’ve had in D1. Did pretty well for Memphis after he left here.

I’m just reminiscing with what could have beens. Remember Cam Kuksa? Him and Reyes came in together and Kuksa played as a true freshman, I believe Reyes had an injury. Then Kuksa had I believe a back or spinal injury? Kid could hit. 

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly....play em while you got em.  Jerry didn't come here to watch tommy two gloves for two years from the sidelines.

Your vendetta against Tommy is so pathetic. Also, this two gloves nickname isn't catching on. Maybe give it a rest.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Your vendetta against Tommy is so pathetic. Also, this two gloves nickname isn't catching on. Maybe give it a rest.

haha vendetta. i just happen to think that jerry brings an element to the team that tommy (or the other 3) doesn't have. bigger,stronger, faster...ball comes out quicker..tighter spiral..more accurate deep ball.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

haha vendetta. i just happen to think that jerry brings an element to the team that tommy (or the other 3) doesn't have. bigger,stronger, faster...ball comes out quicker..tighter spiral..more accurate deep ball.

That explains it all. Based on your posts, thinking isn't your strong suit. 

• Downvote 2