SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

11 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Crazy how quick that game turned around last year. It started with that awful pick 6.

SDSU seems like a momentum team. Give them any and they're not going to be caught.

NDSU is an intimidation team. Know it; expect it; stand up to it. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I really would love to see a 9-2 team this year with more than 1 playoff win. That should be realistic and achievable. Even if it is 8-3, I'd still like to see us have more than 1 playoff win. (Obviously I want to see us win in Frisco, but I'd take any playoff improvement at this point)

Yup, whether it's 9-2 or 8-3 (both acceptable, and would be great seasons) or even 7-4 (hope not, but even that's better than many alternatives) the bar needs to be set by playoff victories.  Has to be at least 1, and 2 should be the expectation.  Anything beyond that would be a bonus this year, but would set the stage for (a) Frisco run(s) as the decade wears on.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The team should go into Brookings with the mindset that they let one get away last season. 

Yes, and the '21 game was also there for the taking.  That team can be taken down. Probably some championship hangover plus a new coach.  I can see them not being as good as everybody thinks.

21 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Yes, and the '21 game was also there for the taking.  That team can be taken down. Probably some championship hangover plus a new coach.  I can see them not being as good as everybody thinks.

Was last years game really for the taking? They out scored us 35-7 in the 2nd half

• Downvote 5

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

11 gets 4 games plus playoffs without burning a year, now, remember? 

With that said, this is #2’s team, but the upcoming QB battle between #3 and #11 will be intense. Iron sharpens iron, all good things for UND football under Freund. 

Probably #2’s team next year as well. https://x.com/undfootball360/status/1696163745012101588?s=46&t=pSkEb_uzco-kdaPo_-o3BA

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

I did.  They did "let one get away" last year, which is different than "there for the taking".  You obviously were not at last year's game.  

I’m thoroughly confused. I also think SDSU throughly dominated the game out scoring us 49-14 after we took a 14-0 lead. If you disagree that’s fine. It’s just my opinion 

• Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I’m thoroughly confused. I also think SDSU throughly dominated the game out scoring us 49-14 after we took a 14-0 lead. If you disagree that’s fine. It’s just my opinion 

Don't even waste your breath with him. He's just salty he forgot how to read and then got some downvotes. 

Let's get this page back to the topic "2023 Football Season"

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

As it's mine.  But you are really smart so I will concede this one and stay salty.  

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Can you weirdo's quit DM'ing every time you don't like what people post? 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

He’s just embarrassed that his reading comprehension is BadBad and his feelings are now HurtHurt

While talking about the ‘22 game Dustin said the ‘21 game was ALSO for the taking. Also means “In addition to”, meaning the ‘21 and ‘22 game were for the taking.  I simply asked if the ‘22 game was really “for the taking” considering we got out scored 35-7 in the 2nd half. I’m not sure where I’m misreading something? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Up two scores, at home.
Up at the half.

Same thing that happened at Nebraska: they let the game get away from them. 

Talent? Fatigue? Scheme? Nerves? Don't know what failed but it's that pattern. 

not taking td's or big plays when they are given to you on a platter is a reason why you lose games sometimes....tommy not hitting bo when he was wide open against nebraska for example

wide open hole in the middle of the o line against jmu and our wr trips otis....do we win if that is a td run?  

giving points to ndac on our fake punt.....

it seems like if it aint one thing in these big games it's the other.....

bad news bears sometimes.

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not taking td's or big plays when they are given to you on a platter is a reason why you lose games sometimes....tommy not hitting bo when he was wide open against nebraska for example

wide open hole in the middle of the o line against jmu and our wr trips otis....do we win if that is a td run?  

giving points to ndac on our fake punt.....

it seems like if it aint one thing in these big games it's the other.....

bad news bears sometimes.

Otis was also tripped against Utah State when we played them a couple years ago. 

• Upvote 1

7 Luke Skokna RB 5-9 180 Sr. Hinsdale, Ill. / Hinsdale Central  
14 Donavan Hunt RB 5-11 190 So. Brookfield, Wis. / Jackson State
20 Sawyer Seidl RB 5-10 170 Fr. Hugo, Minn. / Hill-Murray  
28 Gaven Ziebarth RB 6-0 205 So. Cambridge, Minn. / Cambridge-Isanti  
29 Isaiah Smith RB 6-0 200 Jr. Minneapolis, Minn. / Benilde-St. Margaret's School  
38 Grant Romfo RB 6-1 210 So. Calvin, N.D. / Langdon Area North Dakota State

Is it me or does the RB room feel a little undermanned?
And who's the short yardage need-a-yard power back (or is that a QB turned TE)? 

I notice they've put Grant Romfo back at RB (from WR). 

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

While talking about the ‘22 game Dustin said the ‘21 game was ALSO for the taking. Also means “In addition to”, meaning the ‘21 and ‘22 game were for the taking.  I simply asked if the ‘22 game was really “for the taking” considering we got out scored 35-7 in the 2nd half. I’m not sure where I’m misreading something? 

You MadMad?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:
7 Luke Skokna RB 5-9 180 Sr. Hinsdale, Ill. / Hinsdale Central  
14 Donavan Hunt RB 5-11 190 So. Brookfield, Wis. / Jackson State
20 Sawyer Seidl RB 5-10 170 Fr. Hugo, Minn. / Hill-Murray  
28 Gaven Ziebarth RB 6-0 205 So. Cambridge, Minn. / Cambridge-Isanti  
29 Isaiah Smith RB 6-0 200 Jr. Minneapolis, Minn. / Benilde-St. Margaret's School  
38 Grant Romfo RB 6-1 210 So. Calvin, N.D. / Langdon Area North Dakota State

Is it me or does the RB room feel a little undermanned?
And who's the short yardage need-a-yard power back (or is that a QB turned TE)? 

I notice they've put Grant Romfo back at RB (from WR). 

Gotta think it’s Z. Have you seen his legs?