SiouxSports.com Forum

Crime

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

9 hours ago, DL Sioux said:

Isn't there s law in ND that prevents these storys identifying the victim??

like Marcy's law or something?

It's got to traumatizing to have all this published about oneself

8 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It looks like the paper did avoid using her name, but I suppose it's obvious to those who know them.  There is quite a bit of detail in there for a domestic violence story, with the hospital's report to the PD, victim's statement, etc.  Hopefully it doesn't discourage future victims from seeking care.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/its-hard-to-let-go-of-that-grand-forks-schools-to-go-without-addiction-counselor

couldn't issues pertaining to drugs and whatnot be handled by 1. teacher  2. principal......then 3. parents (like it used to be)

kids comes to school high or on drugs and 1... teach sees/smells it......2.....kid gets sent to principal.........3. principal calls parents and says billy is drunk at school

billy doesn't come back for a while.

34 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/its-hard-to-let-go-of-that-grand-forks-schools-to-go-without-addiction-counselor

couldn't issues pertaining to drugs and whatnot be handled by 1. teacher  2. principal......then 3. parents (like it used to be)

kids comes to school high or on drugs and 1... teach sees/smells it......2.....kid gets sent to principal.........3. principal calls parents and says billy is drunk at school

billy doesn't come back for a while.

It should be that way and in my day it would be a belt on the hind end when you got home

now it’s let’s see how we can suit the school for being mean to my kid ,

so many students see drug use by parents and do as they see them do and yet people want more drug use allowed

OK, move to San Fran or Oregon and bring your tent 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2024 at 11:25 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

According to ND law.

If you assert your right, the following information is protected and cannot be publicly released, even after the criminal case is done:

• Your home address, telephone number(s), email address(es), or other information that could reasonably be used to locate you OR a member of your family. This includes references to a building where you work.
  • Any information or records that are confidential or otherwise protected by law (for example, medical records, driver’s license number, social security number, etc.).

Even if you assert your right, your NAME can still be released to the public (including the media) UNLESS you are a victim of domestic violence, human trafficking, a sexual assault or other sex crime, or you are a minor. 

Fargo has a problem. 

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/editorials/forum-editorial-petro-serves-threat-of-closing-a-fargo-store-due-to-crime-is-a-warning-we-all-should-heed 

They threatened to close up to three stores. 

Fargo has always wanted to be like Minneapolis. Well, congratulations. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

True!  They love to identify as "The Metro" and the first half dozen stories on the local news are crime.  No time for GF news (unless it's crime) - they got what they always wanted.  

On 5/20/2024 at 10:29 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Fargo has a problem. 

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/editorials/forum-editorial-petro-serves-threat-of-closing-a-fargo-store-due-to-crime-is-a-warning-we-all-should-heed 

They threatened to close up to three stores. 

Fargo has always wanted to be like Minneapolis. Well, congratulations. 

I've never heard anyone from Fargo say that only jealous people like you.  

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Actions speak louder than words. 

And if that's your takeaway, not businesses leaving parts of town due to crime and violence I can't help you.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Actions speak louder than words. 

And if that's your takeaway, not businesses leaving parts of town due to crime and violence I can't help you.

Haven't heard any business leaving have you?  If I was you I'd worry about the sorry state of the GF economy.  The airport boardings is a good measure of how things are going with GF, the only place seeing a decline (8%) in ND.   

• Downvote 1

" ... leaving parts ... " of Fargo. 

Did you even read the article?
PetroServe, a Fargo based business that runs lots of ads during NDSU broadcasts, is closing stations because of crime in Fargo in those areas, namely downtown or 13th Ave. 

Go be upset with a Fargo business for saying the truth, not me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Haven't heard any business leaving have you?  If I was you I'd worry about the sorry state of the GF economy.  The airport boardings is a good measure of how things are going with GF, the only place seeing a decline (8%) in ND.   

If I recall a runway was down for a long period of time and there were no flights 

8 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

Doesn't that Schatz family own the Petro store on 45th?