SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ The John vs. Goofs - THE RIVALRY Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

I don't really have a great feeling heading into this series after seeing our defensive and goaltending lapses against QU.
UMN has more offensive studs than QU does (although I'd argue QU might be deeper).

I wouldn't be shocked at a loss or two.  But would love to be surprised. 
Prove me wrong, boys!  ;) 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

I don't really have a great feeling heading into this series after seeing our defensive and goaltending lapses against QU.
UMN has more offensive studs than QU does (although I'd argue QU might be deeper).

Goofs play fast like we do. It’s hopefully going to be a game of speed, and a who shoots the puck better and which goalie stands on his head kind of game. Stay out of the box please!!!!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

"In an effort to alleviate parking concerns, Minnesota fans are asked to park in St. Paul and walk to 3M Arena at Mariucci."

Wait, what? :blink: Assuming this is a joke, but I'm very curious hahaha.

BYOK. 

(bring your own Kevlar) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I am still incredibly confident in this team's ability to play D. We got caught being too loose against QU who is a veteran, and high-paced team. On Friday, we dominated their forward groups from top to bottom for nearly 40 minutes after being down 3-0.

I'd expect with the level of play to be similar energy wise and our boys aren't gonna be surprised. I'd expect to see Sendo-Jammer-Hain to be back together checking like demons against their top level skill. I trust those three to contain the top line. Those three need to set the pace of defensive play and the rest of the boys need to follow suit.

DeRidder is our guy right now, IMO. He's played the Gophs and knows what's coming. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Goofs play fast like we do. It’s hopefully going to be a game of speed, and a who shoots the puck better and which goalie stands on his head kind of game. Stay out of the box please!!!!

Why am I thinking Kleven will get a five-minute major?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I just looked up DeRidder's MSU career stats against Minnesota ...

How 'bout that football game tomorrow?
Some stretch of good weather we been havin', no? :unsure:

I mean, I don't think we've played great defensively this year, but I think we're a step above MSU :)

I think the new players crushed holy cross and were just lax against maybe a top and under ranked QU team. UMN already has a loss under their belt and they suck anyway. We are ripe for revenge from last year. W showed us what to work on. Let’s show it. We will win. If I have to, I’ll light TWO game day at the Ralph candles. 

42 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I am still incredibly confident in this team's ability to play D. We got caught being too loose against QU who is a veteran, and high-paced team. On Friday, we dominated their forward groups from top to bottom for nearly 40 minutes after being down 3-0.

I'd expect with the level of play to be similar energy wise and our boys aren't gonna be surprised. I'd expect to see Sendo-Jammer-Hain to be back together checking like demons against their top level skill. I trust those three to contain the top line. Those three need to set the pace of defensive play and the rest of the boys need to follow suit.

DeRidder is our guy right now, IMO. He's played the Gophs and knows what's coming. 

However, Motzko gets last line change so that might diminish our ability to play the Sendo-Jammer-Hain against Minnesota’s top line. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Onhockey.tv does NOT have it listed, so really hoping our guardian angel pulls through.  If not, a monthly pass to Minnesota on Big Ten plus is $10.

Yeah $5 per game is not bad. Just remember to cancel it because it will auto renew in a month.

26 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

However, Motzko gets last line change so that might diminish our ability to play the Sendo-Jammer-Hain against Minnesota’s top line. 

I don't disagree, but I guess I'm not wholly worried about their full team depth. I think we can roll out guys like Caulfield, Kunz, Strinden, Ness, Portz, Albrecht, etc., and still be confident in their effort and defense. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

To this day, I’m baffled where that puck ended up in the net. All I hear is, “KLANG!” Did it go off one of the posts and in? 

Yep. I was sitting behind the net up in the box and it may have been the loudest I've ever heard the pipe. Far side pipe and in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yep. I was sitting behind the next up in the box and it may have been the loudest I've ever heard the pipe. Far side pipe and in.

Yep, loudest post shot I've ever heard too. 
And I was sitting upper level.

It sure shut up the Badger fans sitting around us that we giving us a bunch of crap in the 2nd intermission when we were down 2-0.  :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1