SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ The John vs. Goofs - THE RIVALRY Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

This team has been good at talking the talk the last couple years, but doesn’t have much to show for it other than some nice regular season titles and a NCHC playoff title on home ice.   It would be nice to see them walk the walk soon, starting tonight, to give some hope that there’s potential for a deep run in the spring.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

This team has been good at talking the talk the last couple years, but doesn’t have much to show for it other than some nice regular season titles and a NCHC playoff title on home ice.   It would be nice to see them walk the walk soon, starting tonight, to give some hope that there’s potential for a deep run in the spring.  

Last night was a hard-fought game between two Top 10 programs. But yeah, I get your point, I am getting a little tired of playing second-fiddle to Duluth and Denver every March and April.

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

It would be nice to see them walk the walk soon, starting tonight, to give some hope that there’s potential for a deep run in the spring.  

While I’d love to see a UND win tonight…win or lose it won’t determine if there’s potential for a good playoff run or not. 
Look at Denver last year. UND swept them at home in November and they still managed to win the title at the end. ;):)

5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

That was a playoff type game last night.  Minnesota's horses made one more play than we did. I am pleased with the result.  On paper, Minnesota is better than we are, so to play them as tough as we did is a positive.  Lots more shifts this season!  Let's go!

Nope, never happy with a loss. At some point, we need to learn how to close out games.

18 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yep. I was sitting behind the net up in the box and it may have been the loudest I've ever heard the pipe. Far side pipe and in.

I was sitting behind the opposite goal and heard that as if it hit the Sioux net in front of me.  That was a terrific shot.

1 minute ago, Green Banner said:

Any timetable on them seeing the ice? Skating?

I have not heard about a timetable for their return. They have nagging lingering injuries from the summer/preseason but not sure beyond that. Originally they said the injuries were not serious but… 

3 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

That is a very stacked Gopher Roster

So? Are we supposed to wait until we play weaker teams to expect wins? Either we are a Top 10 program in the nation or we aren't. Are we now satisfied with playing good teams close? The NCHC schedule will be tough every weekend; I hope we have our issues figured out before Christmas.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So? Are we supposed to wait until we play weaker teams to expect wins? Either we are a Top 10 program in the nation or we aren't. Are we now satisfied with playing good teams close? The NCHC schedule will be tough every weekend; I hope we have our issues figured out before Christmas.

So…Let’s Dance!!  (caddy shack)

my point is sometimes your horse isn’t as fast, but you still ride him.

• Upvote 1