SiouxSports.com Forum

Close it out! Saturday Night VS QU

FightingSU

I know that the D was bad, and the goalies, despite being a little underwhelming, were just hung out to dry, but you have to remember that QU is very good. They capitalized on mistakes of a team that hasn't quite found their stride defensively. And honestly it seems like October hockey sucks every year. So back away from the ledge and let them work this out, they'll be just fine.

8 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Q is a really good team. Their 1st line was better than ours. After that, our lines were better than theirs. Our level of compete disappeared and came back a bit too late. Learn, keep that bad taste in our mouths and annihilate the gophers next weekend.

I'd rather play teams like this than the cupcakes Omaha filled their schedule with. Beating up on soft teams teaches you nothing.

• Upvote 1

Like the make up of this team. No way 15 and 25 can be this bad again in a series. They are too talented. Consistent good goaltending might be an issue. Wasn't one save from either that made one go..."wow"! Skill up front is an upgrade from last year. Berry will find the line combos. Blake and McLaughlin are top tier talents.

• Like 1

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/und-could-be-no-1-hunting-in-football-and-hockey-next-weekend

Both UND hockey and football should be facing off against newly No. 1-ranked teams in the country.

UND hockey travels to Minnesota to play the Gophers on Friday and Saturday, while the UND football team hosts South Dakota State at the Alerus Center.

The Gophers, ranked No. 2 in the last USCHO.com poll, were off this weekend but No. 1 Denver was swept by Massachusetts. If No. 5 Minnesota State Mankato's sweep of No. 4 Minnesota Duluth doesn't leapfrog the Mavericks to No. 1, the Gophers will hold that spot.

UND assistant captain Ethan Frisch said his team will make the necessary corrections, no matter who's next on the schedule.

"I think it's the same as always — after any loss we have urgency," Frisch said. "We don't like to lose; we don't lose a ton. We'll address things we need to address. I don't think it's any different than any other loss. We have a lot of urgency either way."

UND coach Brad Berry knows the schedule isn't getting easier after playing a veteran Top 10 team in Quinnipiac, which was ranked No. 8 in the most recent poll.

"We knew that; that's the schedule we put together," Berry said. "Those games make you sharper. Hopefully, at the end of the year, you learn from these games and hopefully you're picking up some wins along the way here. The biggest thing for us is evaluating ourselves on this weekend on what happened and making sure we get better from it and being accountable to each other on it. We're going to be ready for next weekend when we go in to Minnesota, and we're going to have a real hard week of practice."

12 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Spoke with a QU player in the lobby at CanadInn about an hour ago - he said the atmosphere at REA was amazing and that the team had a blast in Grand Forks.  Nice kid.  Then Rand told me to get lost (OK, he really didn’t). 

Of course the team had a blast, they scored 11 goals.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxForever said:

Were Saturday night highlights/recap ever posted on twitter and/or the UND Insider account on YouTube? Or are they just going to bury Saturday night content and move forward after that beating…

I apologize if the highlights were posted? I didn’t see them. 

Thanks!

I for one would like to forget Saturday night.

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

About a year ago in REA, two very strong teams battled. One made it look easy, one got handled readily.

The one that lost learned from it, quit reading the press, and started working harder … and went on to big things. 

Alright, I give up.  Who was the team that lost and went on to big things?

29 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Were Saturday night highlights/recap ever posted on twitter and/or the UND Insider account on YouTube? Or are they just going to bury Saturday night content and move forward after that beating…

I apologize if the highlights were posted? I didn’t see them. 

Thanks!

Having personally attended Saturday’s game, the lone highlight I saw on the night was the 80+ year old couple on the “kiss cam.”  

• Like 1