SiouxSports.com Forum

October 1st North Dakota vs. Manitoba Exhibition Opener

SiouxScore

A lot to like watching this first game.
I know that Manitoba isn't the highest level of competition, but I was mainly watching the newcomers, and they all showed that they belong.
If Blake, James, and McLaughlin can contribute and continue that level of play moving forward, that will add a ton to our offense.

DeRidder looked ok with limited quality shots faced.

Special teams looked good aside from the penalties committed at the end.

A solid weekend is needed next against Holy Cross, as after that it jumps right into the quality OOC opponents with QU, UMN, and ASU.
Hoping to start 2-0 against HC and then at least split with QU/UMN the weekends after that.

Thoughts from section 103:  I am in the lower bowl this year, and I love to watch and analyze hockey.  Here are my thoughts from the Exhibition opener.

1.  Kleven is 99.89% NHL ready and really fun to watch.  His size and strength cause some offhand penalties at times, but I will take it.

2.  The freshies seem to be in their element, although it is just Manitoba.  (James) has a great motor, (McLaughlin) is a great puck handler and creates, creates, creates - I am excited to follow him, (Blake) as advertised, (Strinden) surprised me with his physical play and readiness..  excited to see them all grow this year.

3. I missed watching Moore and Bast.

4. Gaber pushes things a little too much still, but with the right line mates he will continue to flourish.

5.  Great to see Hain back.  Sidorski is large.  Ness is better.   Schmaltz will be top 3 in scoring.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, UND WFO78 said:

Thoughts from section 103:  I am in the lower bowl this year, and I love to watch and analyze hockey.  Here are my thoughts from the Exhibition opener.

1.  Kleven is 99.89% NHL ready and really fun to watch.  His size and strength cause some offhand penalties at times, but I will take it.

2.  The freshies seem to be in their element, although it is just Manitoba.  (James) has a great motor, (McLaughlin) is a great puck handler and creates, creates, creates - I am excited to follow him, (Blake) as advertised, (Strinden) surprised me with his physical play and readiness..  excited to see them all grow this year.

4. Gaber pushes things a little too much still, but with the right line mates he will continue to flourish.

5.  Great to see Hain back.  Sidorski is large.  Ness is better.   Schmaltz will be top 3 in scoring.

Good analysis from the lower bowl!

15 hours ago, Kevin G said:

My feed is excellent. Exactly opposite of Thursday Night Football.

I upgraded to the ROKU this year and I am liking it. My daughter didn't complain about the quality of the game last night and likes the ROKU upgrade. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2022 at 9:57 PM, UND WFO78 said:

Very well done sir