SiouxSports.com Forum

What are your line predictions for this season?

Telly33

This is always a fun game and interesting to see how it actually shakes out 

Gaber-Schmaltz-Blake

Kunz-Costantini-Caulfield

Hain-Jammer-Senden

James-Mclaughlin-Portz  (James and mclaughlin will soon be high on the depth chart IMHO)

Albrecht-Ness-Strinden 

Montgomery

Kleven-Frisch

Moore-Farmer

Jandric-Johnson

Bast-Sidorski

DeRidder

Hellsten

Johnson

I really want to see Costantini in the top-6 on a regular basis after the freshman year he had but I also see 3 of the 4 incoming freshman forwards making offensive impacts (much needed after losing Sanderson and Ford) by Christmas. We have some great depth forwards and should have a solid group of backcheckers. With our D corp and goaltending I see us as a hard team to score against.  

We may have one of the best top-8 D corp in the country. I think Denver and St cloud are solid there as well but we have a group of guys with a lot of experience at the NCAA level

7 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Gaber-Schmaltz-Blake

Hain-Jammer-Senden

James-Mclaughlin-Portz  (James and mclaughlin will soon be high on the depth chart IMHO)

Albrecht-Ness-Strinden 

Montgomery

Kleven-Frisch

Moore-Farmer

Jandric-Johnson

Bast-Sidorski

DeRidder

Hellsten

Johnson

I really want to see Costantini in the top-6 on a regular basis after the freshman year he had but I also see 3 of the 4 incoming freshman forwards making offensive impacts (much needed after losing Sanderson and Ford) by Christmas. We have some great depth forwards and should have a solid group of backcheckers. With our D corp and goaltending I see us as a hard team to score against.  

We may have one of the best top-8 D corp in the country. I think Denver and St cloud are solid there as well but we have a group of guys with a lot of experience at the NCAA level

Yeah I hope we don’t see these lines. 

*hides* 

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Yeah I hope we don’t see these lines. 

*hides* 

I don’t want caulfield in the top 6 either but it was a common theme last year. This was more of a projection of what I think we will see. I’d rather see McLaughlin and James higher up soon but idk if that’ll happen. Also I’d be surprised if the D lines aren’t close to what I have with maybe 1 swap being Jandric and Moore. What’s your guess? 

21 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

I don’t want caulfield in the top 6 either but it was a common theme last year. This was more of a projection of what I think we will see. I’d rather see McLaughlin and James higher up soon but idk if that’ll happen. Also I’d be surprised if the D lines aren’t close to what I have with maybe 1 swap being Jandric and Moore. What’s your guess? 

I absolutely expect James and McLaughlin to be top 6/top 9 guys. Just strictly based on listening to Berry (and even Senden more recently) talk in a few interviews in preseason.  

Mostly I just want them to try new combos in the top 6. For example, Gaber - Schmaltz- Caulfield was a line we saw a lot last year. I’d like to see something different. 

I also am in the minority opinion that I’d like them to split up the Hain-Jammer-Senden line. They can always go back to it later, but I think we should experiment early on and see if something else works better and potentially put together a stronger 4th line that could produce more than they have recently. 

just my opinion though! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Gaber-Schmaltz-Blake

Hain-Jammer-Senden

Albrecht-Ness-Strinden 

Montgomery

Kleven-Frisch

Moore-Farmer

Jandric-Johnson

Bast-Sidorski

DeRidder

Hellsten

Johnson

Above is what I think we will see. Here’s what I’d like to see in the forward lines 

James-McLaughlin-Gaber

Constantini-Schmaltz-Blake

Senden-jammer-caulfield 

Hain/Kunz-ness-Portz/albrecht

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I absolutely expect James and McLaughlin to be top 6/top 9 guys. Just strictly based on listening to Berry (and even Senden more recently) talk in a few interviews in preseason.  

Mostly I just want them to try new combos in the top 6. For example, Gaber - Schmaltz- Caulfield was a line we saw a lot last year. I’d like to see something different. 

I also am in the minority opinion that I’d like them to split up the Hain-Jammer-Senden line. They can always go back to it later, but I think we should experiment early on and see if something else works better and potentially put together a stronger 4th line that could produce more than they have recently. 

just my opinion though! 

Fully agree on the desire the split the Jammer line. They all have tools that will work better on different lines. I also think we see jammer taking draws on power play and PK to get possession and then changing out for someone else like they would sometimes do with Pinto, weatherby, Ford since they were all great faceoff guys 

1 minute ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Above is what I think we will see. Here’s what I’d like to see in the forward lines 

James-McLaughlin-Gaber

Senden-jammer-caulfield 

Nailed it.

Don't sleep on Strinden on that 4th line.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Fully agree on the desire the split the Jammer line. They all have tools that will work better on different lines. I also think we see jammer taking draws on power play and PK to get possession and then changing out for someone else like they would sometimes do with Pinto, weatherby, Ford since they were all great faceoff guys 

Guess I would like to see their numbers not being together, but production from that line was consistent when they were together, not so much when they weren’t.

1 hour ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

James-McLaughlin-Gaber

Senden-jammer-caulfield 

I like this 4 line combo as well

Sigh.....again.......it's not difficult okay....I don't care about any other lines.....:lol:

Hain-Jammer-Senden.....

Don't mess up that chemistry by throwing Judd with them unless Hain isn't 100%.  That's the shutdown line, none of them are top 6 guys, but they can play with any line in the country, and they showed it last year when they dominated the Brink line when we swept Denver.

On the road when we don't have last change coming off a media break it's academic who goes out if the face off is in our end.  

• Upvote 3

I'll just say that it is very rare when at least a few of the freshmen don't struggle for a bit to transition to the college game.  With that, I think some of the line combinations proposed may not transpire right away, but could by the second half of the season.  

My prediction.... a lot of moving parts until around January. But, I'll take my shot:

Getter, setter, netter...

Gaber - Schmaltz - Juddy
Costantini - McLaughlin - Blake/James
Sendo - Jammer - Hain
James/Blake - Ness - Portz
Strinden

Frisch - Kleven
Moore - Farmer
Jandric - Johnson

DeRidder
Helly

50 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So many putting two freshmen on a forward line together; maybe against the Manitoba Bisons but not before Christmas or until they prove themselves. 

This. I get the shiny object effect but I truly down our top 6 is full of underclassmen. We may be in a world of hurt if that’s the case. Kunz, etc all put up similar numbers to those guys. They should all get looks…but again, I’d be shocked if they were all top 6. Blake should probably get the first look (at least on the pp) as he’s a wizard but D may be lacking. I could see James too at even strength filing in a w role.

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

My prediction.... a lot of moving parts until around January. But, I'll take my shot:

Getter, setter, netter...

Gaber - Schmaltz - Juddy
Costantini - McLaughlin - Blake/James
Sendo - Jammer - Hain
James/Blake - Ness - Portz
Strinden

Frisch - Kleven
Moore - Farmer
Jandric - Johnson

DeRidder
Helly

Kunz (4th rd) doesn’t crack the lineup?