SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day - UND at USD. 10/09/21

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

I've seen this song and dance before with Bubba.

Fans: "This qb ain't getting the job done. Put in the backup."

Bubba puts in the backup.

Ok Bubba was right.

"Put the starter back in"! Lol

Watch the game again.  Count how many times Tommy throws to someone besides his first read.  Any fcs qb should be able to make ANY throw Tommy made today. 

Our offense is two shifts, someone in motion, and Tommy hits a 5 yard crosser or the back out of the backfield for 3 yards.

13 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

He as had talent at QB. I believe Feeney has that ability. 

Then try him, especially if he can run 5-8 times a game for 20-50 yards.

there were several plays today we had trios to one side and we had inline te to other side.  Boot qb or roll hime o te side,  tommy should be able to run there and then they have to adjust.

11 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Then try him, especially if he can run 5-8 times a game for 20-50 yards.

there were several plays today we had trios to one side and we had inline te to other side.  Boot qb or roll hime o te side,  tommy should be able to run there and then they have to adjust.

Yeah I agree but then we would lose his redshirt for this season if he plays. 

12 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Watch the game again.  Count how many times Tommy throws to someone besides his first read.  Any fcs qb should be able to make ANY throw Tommy made today. 

I've watched plenty of UND FCS qbs struggle to do what Tommy does.

Tommy had pretty decent credentials coming into UND.

And the coaches have watched all the qbs and think he's the best option.

Sure give Feeney a shot. He's suppose to be pretty good. 

Just don't be surprised if he makes Tommy look great! :)

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, NCsiouxfan1733 said:

Yeah I agree but then we would lose his redshirt for this season if he plays. 

I was thinking that too. 

Trying to save his redshirt.

But can't he play like up to four games or something and still remain eligible.

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I was thinking that too. 

Trying to save his redshirt.

But can't he play like up to four games or something and still remain eligible.

We have a good defense, give feeney a try, above average qb play and like I said we would be 2-0 in the valley.  Would also open things up for Otis.

we will not win many valley games scoring 10 points.

I have a lot to critique but there is so much bitching that It's not as enjoyable as usual to type it out, so I'll keep it short.  Coaching staff needs to run some designed QB runs with no options for Tommy to throw.  Force him to run and maybe he learns he doesn't need to play afraid.  Also give him a chance to throw some more deep balls.  He has thrown good deep balls when he has attemped them.   Maybe we should only play one big receiver at a time?  Our O-line is terrible and wasn't that great last spring either, which is partly the reason for so many short passing plays.  Don't know how people can be ripping Otis so much when his first contact is usually before he make it to the line of scrimmage.  Can we get a new strength coach yet?  WHY IS OUR LINE ALWAYS SO SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

On 11/23/2019 at 2:11 PM, Feff said:

Ketteringham is really awful when not throwing to his first read.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:09 AM, zonadub said:

Maybe the narrative would be different if Ketteringham didn’t overthrow almost every deep pass he attempted.

On 10/12/2019 at 4:57 PM, Ndamukong_sioux said:

It comes down to QB play, clearly Ketteringham is not the guy for the job. Bubba and staff inability to recruit and develop a QB is embarrassing. 

And that was just the last UND qb. :D

8 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Not sure, but Shuster is easy to defend.  Anyone can make his completions.  It’s almost always first read.

In hindsight you like Ketteringham better than Tommy?

On 5/7/2021 at 11:51 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

Ketteringham was simply awful in the pocket.  Did not have a good feel for pressure and when to move around and when throw it away.  Way too many sacks.

To those of you who want a new coach, are you really that confident we will end up with anyone better?  Both of our coordinators would also likely be gone.  Good luck getting anyone better at those spots with what UND is willing to pay.  Will you want another new coach after 3-4 years?  I'm not interested in risking what has been built up to this point for a 50/50 shot at having a worse coaching staff.  Our roster/depth has continuously been getting better.  Yes we are missing some key pieces but the team depth AND OUR EXPECTATIONS have been improving steadily - those are the important indicators imo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We are trying to win FCS,  neither qb  would ever do that. Not sure what your point is?

I hope we can find a QB better than Tommy, but the guy only has 12 1/2 career GP.  Can he not improve?

10 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We are trying to win FCS,  neither qb  would ever do that. Not sure what your point is?

As JohnBoy points out...and you seem to be a perfect example of....

On 5/6/2021 at 8:33 AM, JohnboyND7 said:

The best QB is always the one you haven't seen yet ;)

There are no teams that fear what we bring to the table.  They know our QB doesn’t throw the deep ball, they know what Otis brings so they stack the box, they know our o-line is awful .  Other teams pretty much dictate what we do and we play right into their hand.  This team is reminding me too much of the Rudy lead teams.

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

To those of you who want a new coach, are you really that confident we will end up with anyone better?  Both of our coordinators would also likely be gone.  Good luck getting anyone better at those spots with what UND is willing to pay.  Will you want another new coach after 3-4 years?  I'm not interested in risking what has been built up to this point for a 50/50 shot at having a worse coaching staff.  Our roster/depth has continuously been getting better.  Yes we are missing some key pieces but the team depth AND OUR EXPECTATIONS have been improving steadily - those are the important indicators imo.

Depends on what you want from a football team.  Continued 6-5 to maybe 8-3 type seasons with unimaginative play calling and early playoff dismissals then Bubba is your guy.  If that is all that it takes to keep you happy nothing wrong with that, but then don't wonder why you can sprawl out over as many seats as you want at home games because no one is there.  

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, iramurphy said:

He needs the oline to give him plenty of time.  He is adequate. Usually won’t cost you the game. Won’t carry team on his back and win it either. 

Quarterback, arguably most important position in sports, and UND is going with “adequate”. Ya’ll need to just sit down and let that sit in before typing something. 

Meanwhile, UND’s major rival in recruiting 80 miles south has back-to-back-to-back NFL quarterbacks and now a former 4 star FBS transfer at QB. 

I don’t want to oversimplify here, but UND has to get way more out of the QB position if they want to be a national title contender. Appreciate Tommy Schuster, but he’s not able to get UND to the level we as UND supporters should desire. 

• Upvote 3