SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 ND/MN High School Football

northernraider

On 8/28/2021 at 1:18 PM, siouxweet said:

Central needs to either just get rid of football period or get rid of the buffoon at the helm who has clearly shown he can't develop kids or a program.  It is an absolute joke.

HS football in this town is in rough shape and it will be for the foreseeable future.

watched a bit of WDAY'S GAME OF THE WEEK featuring the CUSHMAN CLASSIC LIVE FROM GRAND FORKS!!!   eh - not so much.   It was a crappy one camera feed - basically "game film" quality with HUGE WIDE SHOT of the field showing all the players, acres of grass and absolutely minimal zooming or signs of life from the 1 CRAPPY CAMERA they had.   The announcers were ok with their constant chatter but as far as televising a game - this was a total joke!   

I'm guessing if this was Sheyenne v. Davies there would have been at least 2 cameras but again - probably a total joke.  I'd think the high schools would have AV classes that could produce better productions than the "who gives a !@#$" hacks at DAY do.   Bring in BEK sports at least for gods sake - at least you would have more than 1 camera.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Is now the point we will start seeing the Bismarck High decline that many predicted was only a few years away after Legacy?

I'm amazed that Minot is as down as they are in football.  Last year and now this year.

I’m not sure on this but I’ve heard Minot is getting another high school. If so the West will become even more weaker as far as sports go 

On 9/18/2021 at 7:51 AM, sioux rube said:

I’m not sure on this but I’ve heard Minot is getting another high school. If so the West will become even more weaker as far as sports go 

Its been needed for some time.  Guessing a school on the north side, and the current Minot High becomes the high school for Southside kids.  

Currently you have 9-10 (Central Campus) and 11-12 (Magic City Campus) split up at two different schools. 

Not sure if there is enough kids playing hockey for two high school teams in Minot, definitely all other sports though.  

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Its been needed for some time.  Guessing a school on the north side, and the current Minot High becomes the high school for Southside kids.  

Currently you have 9-10 (Central Campus) and 11-12 (Magic City Campus) split up at two different schools. 

Not sure if there is enough kids playing hockey for two high school teams in Minot, definitely all other sports though.  

You are probably right about not having enough kids for 2 teams for hockey. If they did obviously both teams would struggle 

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If they could keep their kids in Minot for High school hockey, they probably could. 

More left this year, to Sioux Falls and Alexandria

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

If they could keep their kids in Minot for High school hockey, they probably could. 

More left this year, to Sioux Falls and Alexandria

It would be interesting to see some numbers of kids that left vs. other programs.  I can think of at least 7 kids....scary. 

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

And why is that? Coaching? Parents? Combination of both? 

You know, Minot was one of the first to follow Grand Forks with the AA bantam team.  Since then, a lot of those Bantam players started to leave right after for the AAA ranks.  Colorado, Notre Dame, Shattuck, Phoenix Jr. Coyotes, etc.  

Can't speak to whether the parents like Bennett and Grubb.  My guess is that some of them took the competition/# of games aspect into account when deciding high school hockey wasn't for them. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2021 at 10:33 PM, Wilbur said:

You know, Minot was one of the first to follow Grand Forks with the AA bantam team.  Since then, a lot of those Bantam players started to leave right after for the AAA ranks.  Colorado, Notre Dame, Shattuck, Phoenix Jr. Coyotes, etc.  

Can't speak to whether the parents like Bennett and Grubb.  My guess is that some of them took the competition/# of games aspect into account when deciding high school hockey wasn't for them. 

And because of it all rumors out there Minot may not field a Bantam AA team this year... 

but a moderator may want to send this over to the hockey thread before it derails any more