SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

54 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You mean Gabinet will have to coach and not just grouse? 

That’s exactly what I mean. He had the talent this year, and failed. They had the lead in several losses. I think this year is on him. We’ve blown some leads to be sure, but things ended up pretty well considering. I feel bad for the players, they deserved a shot. As I said, that’s my wife’s team so I’ve watched several games. No reason they lose to Miami and Cc. Absolutely no reason they lose to Lake or St. Lawrence. Some of it was preparation, some of it line ups, some choice of strategy. All on coaching. Sure he’s young, but you don’t get paid to learn on the job. This is the NCHC.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

- CC will be next season’s big riser in the standings: that system they play is reminiscent of Mankato in the late 1990s, a total counter-punching  lockdown. 

Mankato system from the 90s?  Oh, you mean the old clutch and grab?:wink:

1 hour ago, Benny Baker said:

So did Jonny Tychonick’s decision to head to Omaha to increase his offensive production work out? Stats say no.

Speaking of familiar names with poor stats, Ryder Donovan …  Yikes.

I was a big fan of Donovan and disappointed to lose him. I think it is obvious the Wisconsin system holding him back :D

37 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I was a big fan of Donovan and disappointed to lose him. I think it is obvious the Wisconsin system holding him back :D

Would have only been worse with Berry & coaching staff holding back his scoring prowess :wink:

…wa dind’t want um unny way, onyl grindaz 

2 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I assume we want Denver to lose today

We can still be a #1 seed even if DU wins today.
If DU & UND both win today, and UND beats DU tomorrow, I saw a calculation where UND ended #3 and DU ended #4 in PWR, so both #1 seeds and at separate regionals.  UMich and MSUM were the other #1 seeds in that scenario.

• Upvote 2

On 3/13/2022 at 8:07 PM, crb1 said:

Do we go out to Cornell next year? Boy do we have some payback for them. 

Originally we were supposed to go there 20-21 season when we played no non-conference. I’m guessing at some point we will go out there but not sure when. Schlossman listed most of our non conference opponents for next year earlier this season and I’m pretty sure Cornell wasn’t one of them. 

17 minutes ago, brianvf said:

We can still be a #1 seed even if DU wins today.
If DU & UND both win today, and UND beats DU tomorrow, I saw a calculation where UND ended #3 and DU ended #4 in PWR, so both #1 seeds and at separate regionals.  UMich and MSUM were the other #1 seeds in that scenario.

Sooooo

do we want Denver to win today?

so we can them tomorrow