SiouxSports.com Forum

Hawks @ Leathernecks

Midwestern Hawk

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

This game is showing why SDSU is better than us. WIU is a bad team. They think they have a chance right now. They’re the type of team that will quit if you get up on them and punch them in the mouth. We don’t look like a top 10 team at the moment.

We did up until that last possession for WIU. That was just an ugly defensive sequence. 

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

This game is showing why SDSU is better than us. WIU is a bad team. They think they have a chance right now. They’re the type of team that will quit if you get up on them and punch them in the mouth. We don’t look like a top 10 team at the moment.

No idea where that came from.  Didn’t we beat SDSU two weeks ago?

Just now, crb1 said:

We did up until that last possession for WIU. That was just an ugly defensive sequence. 

Our defense hasn’t made a play all day. WIU has taken their own offense out with penalties other than that last drive. This type of offense has traditionally been a bad matchup for us.

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I guess head to head matchups don’t count?  

We got lucky to stay in the game with them. Then we won. Dropped pass in the end zone to blocked fg to fake punt. Without that very unlikely sequence the game looks very different and we have to start chasing. My eyes told me SDSU was the better team.

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

We got lucky to stay in the game with them. Then we won. Dropped pass in the end zone to blocked fg to fake punt. Without that very unlikely sequence the game looks very different and we have to start chasing. My eyes told me SDSU was the better team.

Lucky?  Were you not actually watching the  game?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Special teams = luck?