SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

I was over there today and was dissapointed. Way to much money for the quality. Does anyone know if they will be making an authentic or if some people on here have some game worn from last year?

i cant believe they are charging that much for a replica style. as far as i have heard they arent making authentics but who knows. the authentics gamers from last year are very nice, stretchy and comfortable

Not to mention the Nike Authentics went from 179 to 219! I thought they were expensive before!!! They are sweet though, I wonder if Scheels still has them for 179. Anyone know?

I was there a few days ago and they didn't have them...they haven't had the authentics for a long time as far as I can remember.

Game worns are nice....definitely WAAAAAAAY different than the replicas. The K1 version at Scheel's is way closer to my game-worn compared to the Nike one. The only thing that makes the Nike one closer is the swoosh on it...big deal. Also the K1 version is 40 bux cheaper.

Ok, I need a little help here. What is the big deal about a "swift" jersey? I have a black jersey (like my sons pic to the left) and that seems to be the same as a "swift" jersey, but I'm sure it isn't. Can you fill me in a bit?

Thanks,

Rookie

A swift jersey is nothing like the regular black jerseys except the obvious...they are both black. The swift jersey is a new style of jersey by Nike first introduced to college hockey last year (is used in international play as well). They are form fitting (a snug fit, not a loose fit), the materials are way different, and the striping on the jersey is different as well. Fonts and number styles are different as well for names/numbers. The reason they are popular is because the Sioux used it as an alternate away jersey last year and it was used in some of the most important games down the stretch, including the entire post-season (Frozen Four appearance). The black jersey you have won't be used ever again (according to sources).

Hope this helps

I was over there today and was dissapointed. Way to much money for the quality. Does anyone know if they will be making an authentic or if some people on here have some game worn from last year?

Are they really just smaller versions of the regular jerseys, or do they really have the new materials they used last year, since I'd prefer a bit snugger fit?

Are they really just smaller versions of the regular jerseys, or do they really have the new materials they used last year, since I'd prefer a bit snugger fit?

I think they'll fit snugger slightly, but they are the same materials as the other replicas. Nothing like the authentics.

Thanks! I remember there was almost a superstitious vibe in the last post-season...but I thought it was related to just being black jerseys. Now I know it's a black swift jersey. Are the green, and white jerseys also "swift"?

As Sioux-cia said, they aren't, but there might be a movement to them in the next year or two. However, that may not be the case either depending on how/when Nike leaves the hockey market since they are planning on doing that. We shall see. If we went Reebok, they could potentially have their RBK Edge jerseys (similar to Nike Swift), however, as mentioned already, they've had problems with those in the NHL.

got the 59 retro jerseys in. turned out great with special patches. 1 patch to honor 7 national titles and 1 to honor 1st ever ncaa title in 1959. shoot me a email or pm if interested. everything stiched. sizes medium - xxl while available. numbered 1-9 only if available. i also did my best to come up wit who wore the numbers 1-9 during this first ever title year. i have every player linked to a number except #5. found conflicting names to this number. thanks

from what i gathered

#1 - garth perry, moose jaw, saskatchewan - Captain

#2 - bill steenson, red deer, alberta

#3 - steve thullner, winnipeg, manitoba

#4 - ralph lyndon, winnipeg, manitoba

#5 - ?

#6 - julian brunetta, fort francis, ontario - Assistant Captain

#7 - stan paschke, grand forks, north dakota

#8 - guy lafrance, fort francis, ontario

#9 - art miller, moose jaw, saskatchewan

actual jersey

dsc01929.jpgdsc01933.jpg.w300h225.jpg

59srule_conv2.jpg.w300h292.jpg

got the 59 retro jerseys in. turned out great with special patches. 1 patch to honor 7 national titles and 1 to honor 1st ever ncaa title in 1959. shoot me a email or pm if interested. everything stiched. sizes medium - xxl while available. numbered 1-9 only if available. i also did my best to come up wit who wore the numbers 1-9 during this first ever title year. i have every player linked to a number except #5. found conflicting names to this number. thanks

from what i gathered

#5 - ?

actual jersey

from what i gathered

#5 - ?

actual jersey

Those are nice retros. Nice enough for an old guy to wear :blush:

I believe Steenson wore the "C", and Brunetta and Poole, the "A"s

you are right and i had it right on my sheet at home here but jotted it down wrong here. thanks for the catch!

from what i gathered

#1 - garth perry, moose jaw, saskatchewan

#2 - bill steenson, red deer, alberta - CAPTAIN

#5 - ?

#6 - julian brunetta, fort francis, ontario - ASSISTANT CAPTAIN

actual jersey

59srule_conv2new_conv.jpg