SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

got the 59 retro jerseys in. turned out great with special patches. 1 patch to honor 7 national titles and 1 to honor 1st ever ncaa title in 1959. shoot me a email or pm if interested. everything stiched. sizes medium - xxl while available. numbered 1-9 only if available. i also did my best to come up wit who wore the numbers 1-9 during this first ever title year. i have every player linked to a number except #5. found conflicting names to this number. thanks

from what i gathered

#1 - garth perry, moose jaw, saskatchewan

#2 - bill steenson, red deer, alberta - CAPTAIN

#3 - steve thullner, winnipeg, manitoba

#4 - ralph lyndon, winnipeg, manitoba

#5 - ?

#6 - julian brunetta, fort francis, ontario - ASSISTANT CAPTAIN

#7 - stan paschke, grand forks, north dakota

#8 - guy lafrance, fort francis, ontario

#9 - art miller, moose jaw, saskatchewan

actual jersey

59srule_conv2new_conv.jpg

got the 59 retro jerseys in. turned out great with special patches. 1 patch to honor 7 national titles and 1 to honor 1st ever ncaa title in 1959. shoot me a email or pm if interested. everything stiched. sizes medium - xxl while available. numbered 1-9 only if available. i also did my best to come up with who wore the numbers 1-9 during this first ever title year. thanks

from what i gathered

#1 - garth perry, moose jaw, saskatchewan

#2 - bill steenson, red deer, alberta - CAPTAIN

#3 - steve thullner, winnipeg, manitoba

#4 - ralph lyndon, winnipeg, manitoba

#5 - peter gazley, red deer, alberta

#6 - julian brunetta, fort francis, ontario - ASSISTANT CAPTAIN

#7 - stan paschke, grand forks, north dakota

#8 - guy lafrance, fort francis, ontario

#9 - art miller, moose jaw, saskatchewan

actual jersey

59srule_conv2new_conv.jpg

So I preordered Chris Porter's Peoria Rivermen jersey today. His first pro jersey. Awesome. :lol:

It's a Reebok jersey and therefore made of the same supposedly horrible material that all the NHL jerseys are made of. My question is why are the Nike Swift jerseys seemingly loved by all players from college to international play while the Reebok Edge jerseys are seemingly universally hated? What is the difference between them I wonder?

So I preordered Chris Porter's Peoria Rivermen jersey today. His first pro jersey. Awesome. :angry:

It's a Reebok jersey and therefore made of the same supposedly horrible material that all the NHL jerseys are made of. My question is why are the Nike Swift jerseys seemingly loved by all players from college to international play while the Reebok Edge jerseys are seemingly universally hated? What is the difference between them I wonder?

i havent seen or felt a reebok edge jersey yet but maybe its that the swifts are more stretchy for a better fit overall. i watcxhed the coyotes game the other night and derick morris got in a fight and right away his jersey tore up the arm. thats not good.

i know boston got new jerseys with the edge feel and look but made from standard jersey material. they seem to be better. they may have out thought themselves on these jerseys from reebok. maybe all teams will stick with the edge but get them made from regular material? but then doesnt that defeat the purpose :lol: whatever....

i know boston got new jerseys with the edge feel and look but made from standard jersey material. they seem to be better. they may have out thought themselves on these jerseys from reebok. maybe all teams will stick with the edge but get them made from regular material? but then doesnt that defeat the purpose :lol: whatever....

The original jerseys, with all their problems are being referred to as RBK 1.0. All the NHL teams now have the option of getting new Edge jerseys that are made out of the old airknit material, with only the underarm and back mesh remaining the same. These new jerseys are called RBK 2.0. I'm pretty sure this means the RBK 1.0 jerseys are going to be done for and gone by midseason to never return to the NHL. The AHL jerseys however will remain RBK 1.0 for the entire year, thus my Porter jersey will be made out of horrible easily rippable material and will likely self destruct upon inspection when removed from the box. :angry:

Next year, we'll likely seem some modified version of the RBK 1.0 jerseys in the NHL.

Those 1959 jerseys are sweet. I love mine. I can't believe you got so few of them Ryan, these should sell like hotcakes.

I wish I had money for the Hrkac too, it's hard to believe that is still for sale.

thanks again!! glad you like it, im selling or trading the hrkac as im just gona focus on sioux gamers really whe able to and cut out the extra stuff i dont need.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Jerseys
  • The Sicatoka locked and unlocked this topic