SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

Hopefully Miller can be healthy when dry land starts up. I just don't see him being more than a 4th line player next year. Hopefully he can come in and surprise some people and push some of the established players and bigger name recruits. We shall see....

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hockey future

i dont know if this has been posted, but i found it interesting......

ISS Top 10 2005 prospects for April

Rising

Travis Fuller / Barrie (OHL)

Position: Left Wing Height: 6-1 Weight: 197

Fuller came into the OHL last year in his actual draft year as a rookie and made some progress. Although he made an occasional contribution he was never really seriously considered for the draft. This year with the coaching change from Bud Stefanski to Marty Williamson, Fuller may be the most improved player in the OHL. He has continued to fill out his solid frame while becoming one of the key offensive performers on the loaded forward crew of the Colts. His skating is exceptional, his offensive instincts are very good, he has a pro shot and he seems to understand the game very well. It may turn out that the second time around for the draft may be fruitful for this ever-improving sniper.

Guillaume Latendresse / Drummondville (QMJHL)

Position: Right Wing Height: 6-1 Weight: 215

It has been a long road for this highly touted star from Quebec. Latendresse

I'm heading to Winnepeg at around noon for the Amerks v. Moose game. Should be fun to see Goren play again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Judging from listening to the Amerks announcers, the Heerema, Kesler, Goren line is really dominating, they are also out in all situations, including PP and PK's. You'll likely see a lot of Goren since he logs a ton of ice time.

T.J. Oshie / Warroad HS (MN)

Position: Center Height: 5-11 Weight: 190

Oshie is a skilled, hard-nosed forward who can score. He will play any style you throw at him. Oshie played with Niskanen in the same all-star game. He was the best forward on the ice in this game, as he contributed offensively, played with great determination, was physical and was a one-on-one threat whenever he was on the ice. He had an outstanding tournament and will be attending the University of North Dakota. Oshie has a great work ethic and is well coached.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone know or heard of whether or not Oshie is going to the USHL or coming in next year or is it kind of a last resort type situation? If we need another forward then he is coming next year. I think that is the situation but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything lately. Personally, I would like to see him in the USHL next year.

Hockey's Future/actually ISS, has Chorney on their rising prospects list. I like what they have to say:

Taylor Chorney / Shattuck-St. Mary's

Position: Defense, Height: 5-11, Weight: 182

Taylor Chroney enjoyed a solid World Under-18 tournament. He is undersized for the defensive position, but makes up for it with tremendous hockey sense and puck-moving skills. Chorney is a terrific skater, and is usually a sound positional defender. He plays a very heady game and is mature beyond his 18 years of age. Chorney is not a physical defender but projects to be a top-four defenseman at the NHL level--mainly because of his sound hockey sense and ability to lead the transition game.

Chorney mirrors what I think of next year's team. More skill and less physical play than we've seen lately. Will be fun to watch the transition game with more skilled puck handlers on the blue line.

We may have to accept the trade off. We may not be killing opposing forwards in our defensive zone next year and will have to accept that. On the other hand, hopefully we'll enjoy the benefit of the increased puck skills.

Duluth recruit Mason Raymond is getting lots of attention from the pro scouts at the RBC. They're projecting him as a first round pick. Looks like Scottie lured a good one to Duluth.

Host, under .500 team Weyburn beat #1 ranked Camrose yesterday, and will go into the semi's as the number one team. Portage will play Hawkesbury tonight, loser out, winner goes into semi's as #4.

Duluth recruit Mason Raymond is getting lots of attention from the pro scouts at the RBC. They're projecting him as a first round pick. Looks like Scottie lured a good one to Duluth.

Host, under .500 team Weyburn beat #1 ranked Camrose yesterday, and will go into the semi's as the number one team. Portage will play Hawkesbury tonight, loser out, winner goes into semi's as #4.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah my home town Hawks lost their Captain and leading scorer to a ruptured spleen in their last series, which hurts their chances. I still think Camrose has the lineup to win it all.

Sorry to be so dense, but does that mean at UND starting in the Fall of 2005 or 2006?  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I assumed that "next season" meant the fall of 2005. But maybe I'm reading it wrong, too.

A few questions rolling around now:

There's nothing official about Walski from UND, but it was reported in Bismarck media.

Heisenberg is reporting Ryan Martens (from Quesnel in the BCHL) to UND.

And now, just last night, WDAY-TV reported that FM Jets defenseman Todd Alexander is going to UND.

Camrose, trailing throughout the RBC championship game, scored to tie the game with 35 seconds left, but a bad giveaway with 19 seconds left allowed Weyburn to score the game winner. THe under .500 host from the SJHL wins the RBC.

From a pretty reliable source says that T.J. Oshie will be in a Sioux uni next year,99 % sure  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just hope we are not rushing him. A year in Jrs. could do him some good.