SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surrey's season ended last night, losing 3-2 to Camrose. Down 2-0, Surrey came back to tie it with two minutes left (Kozek had one of the goals), but Camrose got the gamewinner with a minute left. At any rate, we won't see Kozek in Weyburn :glare:

Surrey's loss means that all of the committed Sioux recruits are done playing hockey in the 2004-05 season. 38 pages in this thread following the future Sioux. Wow.

Here is how their teams finished:

Toews - SSM won the national midget title.

Miller - Green Bay failed to qualify for USHL playoffs.

Duncan - Salmon Arm lost in the second round of the BCHL playoffs.

Watkins -Vernon lost in the BCHL finals.

Kozek - Surrey won the BCHL playoff title, then lost to AJHL champion Camrose.

VandeVelde - Moorhead was the MN state HS Class AA runner-up.

Oshie - Warroad was the MN state HS Class A champion.

Jones - The US Under-18 team won its World Championship.

Chorney - SSM won the national midget title; also played on the champion US Under-18 team

Lee - Moorhead was the MN state HS Class AA runner-up.

Marto - GF Central was the ND state HS runner-up.

It was a lot of fun following the recruits, and I'm sure next year will be fun as well, with perhaps a bigger focus on the USHL. For many of us (myself included), most of these guys are just numbers and letters on a page or screen. It'll be great to get to know them as players over the next few years.

Miller - Green Bay failed to qualify for USHL playoffs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Add:

+ coach called him the best scorer on his team (not a quote), A team that included 1 Blake Wheeler ;)

- suffered severe injury. Now perhaps questionable for the start of the 05-06 season. :D

Portage won thier series last night. McIntyre with a goal. He was named Series MVP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The five finalists for the Royal Bank Cup are:

Camrose, Alberta

Georgetown, Ontario

Hawkesbury, Ontario

Portage La Prairie, Manitoba

Weyburn, Saskatchewan (as the host team)

I would put my money on either Camrose or Hawkesbury to win the tournament as they come from stronger leagues. For anyone who gets to watch see if Hawkesbury plays their 6'7" D-man Gravel. He has plenty of potential however, he has a tendancy to take lots of penalties for high hits so the Hawks haven't been using him in deciding games. Where have we heard that before. ;)

- suffered severe injury. 

Having some knowledge of that type of injury, I'd only call it "severe" if he was a quarterback or a pitcher or left-side-of-the-infield guy in baseball. They'll fix what they can, therapy and rehab him, and the surrounding muscles will be stronger than they ever were before.

My question is: "How'd he do that playing hockey?" That's normally a throwing injury.

Miller tore a rotator cuff. Murray separated a shoulder based on

A shoulder harness wouldn't help a rotator cuff problem but it would help to hold tight a separated shoulder.