SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Season

SWSiouxMN

11 hours ago, Undfan23 said:

I really hope it will be a step in the right direction!! I would say we were in need of pin hitters last season, and only lost more girls in that position, so I’m a little nervous. I’m hoping a redshirt can step into that role, or maybe we can switch a middle to the right to replace bruggeman. We have to have an outside that can be consistent, and athletic enough to adjust to the ball and swing. The loss of Nieukirk hurts she was our best outside.

I'm going to be interested to see if the Setter position will be settled.  I hope they can get some decent play there to help out with the hitters. 

• 6 months later...

Looks as though Hart was named captain.  There season starts January 22nd/23rd with a non conference series at NDSU.  I was looking at their roster and it seems to be a bit low on numbers.  Eleven players listed.  Is that due to a couple of gals leaving/being dismissed for their controversial tik tok video?  Was there not enough time to bring in any replacements?

1 hour ago, dmksioux said:

Looks as though Hart was named captain.  There season starts January 22nd/23rd with a non conference series at NDSU.  I was looking at their roster and it seems to be a bit low on numbers.  Eleven players listed.  Is that due to a couple of gals leaving/being dismissed for their controversial tik tok video?  Was there not enough time to bring in any replacements?

I checked out the roster and I counted 13.  Maybe they updated it. 

On 1/13/2021 at 10:16 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

I checked out the roster and I counted 13.  Maybe they updated it. 

Still is very low compared to the past. Why do I have the feeling we could be giving more scholarships than that amount?

On 1/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, iramurphy said:

Anyone know what happened to Lydia Rutten?

Morgan Hunt is not listed as well. She was a redshirt freshman, so not a lot of court time last year, and with the new middle on the roster maybe it's not surprising.

Rutten had a ton of experience (appears to have played in all but one set last year), and will be missed. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out between Ahrens/Wall/Albinson for the two middles, especially for M1.

9 hours ago, undVBfan said:

Morgan Hunt is not listed as well. She was a redshirt freshman, so not a lot of court time last year, and with the new middle on the roster maybe it's not surprising.

Rutten had a ton of experience (appears to have played in all but one set last year), and will be missed. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out between Ahrens/Wall/Albinson for the two middles, especially for M1.

I’m always concerned when we lose players before graduation. Rutten was an excellent athlete. Placed in Mn State HS track meet in 400 meters as 7th or 8th grader if I recall. Also leading scorer on her HS BB team. Was also an A student. Had been contributing as a Hawks VB player. Sad to see she is gone. I hope she got her degree. 

On 1/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

Did the Summit release a preseason poll at all?

Doesn't look like it.  The league announced the fall sports cancellation on August 10, and I'd guess the preseason poll normally doesn't come out until late august.  So they just skipped it?  Maybe they will unveil one this week.

Some conferences do their preseason picks a little earlier, and announced them in early August.

1 hour ago, kiyoat said:

Doesn't look like it.  The league announced the fall sports cancellation on August 10, and I'd guess the preseason poll normally doesn't come out until late august.  So they just skipped it?  Maybe they will unveil one this week.

Some conferences do their preseason picks a little earlier, and announced them in early August.

Guess I had to wait one more day, lol.

polls have UND 6th

What's happen to UND women's sports in last few years cancelled hockey, basketball is mess, and now hockey is going downhill too.  Just three years ago we competing going to NCAA tournament and now in all these sports were bottom of league and plus we lost women's hockey.

9 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

What's happen to UND women's sports in last few years cancelled hockey, basketball is mess, and now hockey is going downhill too.  Just three years ago we competing going to NCAA tournament and now in all these sports were bottom of league and plus we lost women's hockey.

total 180....it's a headscrather for sure....

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

I almost miss Faison.  At least the coaches he hired could recruit some studs.  

This, with "almost" being the key word.  Not a fan of Chaves so far and he comes off as having too much of a lackadaisical, go with the flow, approach to being an AD (based on his und/soccer podcast).  UND Womens teams continuously underperforming - Chaves: Oh garsh!  Well the Summit is a strong conference and we're just getting aclimated... better luck next year... nothing we can do differently... external factors are the problem.. :whistling: 

• Like 1