SiouxSports.com Forum

What Coronavirus means to UND Athletics

MDtoGF

It means that while there is literally ZERO athletics going on in the entire country, we cannot talk about the virus and how it's being handled by the people in charge.  Because the mods said so.  

Instead let's talk about footb....I mean hock....I mean basketb......I mean well, ummmm.....

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

It means that while there is literally ZERO athletics going on in the entire country, we cannot talk about the virus and how it's being handled by the people in charge.  Because the mods said so.  

Instead let's talk about footb....I mean hock....I mean basketb......I mean well, ummmm.....

There is a little middle ground though, just look at all that has already been impacted by the virus.

1) Spring Practice Cancelled

2) Spring/Winter Sports wiped out

3) UND WBB coaching hire

4) Likely no HPC Phase 2 coming this year 

5) Recruiting issues

6) Long-term financial impact on UND/UND athletics/Grand Forks community and potential sponsor ships

Likely other impacts not even aware about on the UND athletic community. 

13 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

I am reading a lot of chatter today about the NFL having a season. The models were wrong the entire time and the economy is going to re-open in May. :cool:

Let's start with the draft.  Drag it out for a week so have something to watch.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, northernraider said:

ESPN would certainly love this. It already is what a 3 day affair ? At least gives the talking heads something else to chat about

Yes, lets broadcast a 3 hr discussion on the long snapper the Vikes are drafting out of New Hampshire Community College in the 8th round.;)