SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

10 hours ago, brianvf said:

Nice!  That helps UND in the NCHC standings...now only one point back with 2 games in hand.

Absolutely huge.

For me, this weekends (or next series) results (Omaha / St. Cloud / UND) will really shed a lot of light on the points race. I have St. Cloud in the drivers seat after taking 9 of 12 points against Duluth, with their next 8 games against Western / Miami. Last nights result opens the door more. I still think UND has to match St. Cloud / Omaha for points this weekend. Anything more and they are in the drivers seat. Every point is crucial.

Western got what I was hoping for, so they are playing with house money tonight. I cannot emphasis enough how important it would be if Western got points tonight as well (even an OT Loss).

• Upvote 3

WMU played a good physical game. Something St. Cloud couldn’t handle. It is something we are missing this year. Cole Smiths line last year provided that. Once Caufield bulks up a bit he could provide that Cole Smith heavy type line. 

• Upvote 1