SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21

cberkas

19 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Omaha was stiff after the 28 day layoff, the altitude and the battle Monday night. It was all CC and they couldn’t bury one...

CC is a young team. There’s some talent there but no bona fide goal scorers. Cruikshank is really our only legit offensive threat and he’s out of action for the foreseeable future. Asking a lot of the top line to generate all the offense. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Godsmack said:

A frustrated CC fan just posted an expletive laced FB post regarding the CC Tigers and it had nothing to do with the late OT goal. Increasing amounts of frustration toward Assistant Coach RJ Enga and CC’s inept power play. Can’t say the refs didn’t give the Tigers chances to win; CC laid a goose egg on the power play all weekend. 

Watching the game Tuesday night it looked like a 40 minute power play. Shot attempts 167, shots on goal 36. Ok, exaggerating, but it felt like that.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Watching the game Tuesday night it looked like a 40 minute power play. Shot attempts 167, shots on goal 36. Ok, exaggerating, but it felt like that.

I’d like an explanation of why the officials didn’t review the Omaha OT goal. Watching the replay several times, the clock on the tv screen hit 00 before Tyler Weiss even got the shot off. Haviland pleaded his case to the officials but they claim their clocks were different. I don’t understand how there can be two sets of game clocks?

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I’d like an explanation of why the officials didn’t review the Omaha OT goal. Watching the replay several times, the clock on the tv screen hit 00 before Tyler Weiss even got the shot off. Haviland pleaded his case to the officials but they claim their clocks were different. I don’t understand how there can be two sets of game clocks?

According to official time keeper there was .2 (noting that the screen clock doesn’t communicate tenths) seconds on the game clock at the time of the goal. It was reviewed, but it didn’t take long once the timekeeper ‘chimed in’ no pun intended.. clock 00:00.2 on screen is 00:00

• Upvote 1

ASU is crazy how they can hang with some good teams (and beat them sometimes), but then other games look like they belong in DIII.

In other B10 news, Cameron Rowe has gotten off to a nice start in goal for WI.  He probably would have been delayed until next year if he would have still come to UND.